Priceline Hotel: Tokyo 4-5* Bids 10/31/10 to 11/04/10

SergKoenig
By SergKoenig,
in

That last "try again" email is simply notification. It often happens when one has been bidding and then stops for a while.

A counter-offer though ("if you would just bid x-dollars more"), is indeed an indication one is getting closer. In that case one will almost always be successful somewhere between the last bid and the counter-offer.

Have you looked at what hotels would cost for your dates via other methods? Priceline on the retail side, Expedia, ... the actual hotel web sites?

The 5* Intercontinental is $122 for your dates on the retail side of PRICELINE. I don't know where it is located, and couldn't get the map to work, but thought I'd mention it.

Romelle

That last "try again" email is simply notification. It often happens when one has been bidding and then stops for a while.

The 5* Intercontinental is $122 for your dates on the retail side of PRICELINE. I don't know where it is located, and couldn't get the map to work, but thought I'd mention it.

Romelle

Romelle,

Thanks for clarification. I've tried several sites earlier (priceline, kayak , direct sites etc.) but could't find too attractve offers - particulary IC was available for USD270 and higher. If you have another link - will appreciate for information. But in any case I'll continue my effors having already booked refundable double at Villa Fontaine Shiodome (directly).

Regards

Sergey

Romelle,

Thanks for clarification. I've tried several sites earlier (priceline, kayak , direct sites etc.) but could't find too attractve offers - particulary IC was available for USD270 and higher. If you have another link - will appreciate for information. But in any case I'll continue my effors having already booked refundable double at Villa Fontaine Shiodome (directly).

Regards

I found that IC here:

Inter-Continental

Romelle

And good plan to have the refundable back-up!

I've had success with GTA Hotels (link from here under the Support/Travel Links tab). Also there is agoda.com and one called something like asianhotels.com.

Romelle

Romelle ,

Thank you for tipping off the link ! Hope to sort out my issue in possession of new knowledges ! :)

Regards,

Sergey

Sergey

That lower priced Intercontinental I mentioned is actually in Yokohama.

I checked and the link I posted earlier doesn't seem to be working. So, if Yokohama would work, below is how I found it:

I first went to the PRICELINE bidding area from this site via the blue PRICELINE logo (upper right corner).

When I got to the PL bidding area ("Name Your Own Price"), I then hit "hotels" at the top left on the page.

This took me out of the bidding area and over to the retail area. There I just entered Tokyo and your dates. Some 120 hotels showed up, but I selected just for 5*s.

Romelle

There is also a www.asiarooms.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]