HI Oahu Marriott Waikiki Beach

Travelnow
By Travelnow,
in

We got this hotel about 2 months before our stay at a bid of $139. I bid several times, using free re-bids, before

getting this hotel for 4 nights over the Easter weekend. We stayed Thursday-Monday. I really tried to target this property because it gets great reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed in any way and did not feel that we got a lesser room because we booked through Priceline, in fact we received an upgrade to a partial ocean view room, and were able to see the ocean from our 11th floor room, in the K tower (the one closest to the ocean). We rented a car and used the self-parking at $14 a day with no problems. The valet is $19. All employees we encountered were extremely pleasant. The room was large with a great bed. We got the king no-smoking we requested with no problem. The bathroom is not large but is adequate, with the sink being outside the room. There is an empty mini refrigerator, which came in very handy. Hairdryer with good power is provided and there was a programmable large safe in the closet. Plenty of pillows and good towels. There are beach type towels at the pools. There is a pool for each tower. The pools are nothing special and do get crowded but we didn't come to Hawaii for a pool. There is an iron and ironing board in the room. A coffee maker is provided and coffee replenished daily (10% Kona-yummy). The lanai is large enough for 2 comfortable chairs and small table and plenty of room to walk around. I think the internet was about $10 a day. There were plenty of channels on the tv including one for the hotel. They give you a newsletter with all of the resort activities when you check in and there were many the weekend we were there. We didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants but they appeared busy. We liked the location of the hotel. We could walk almost anywhere on the beach in Waikiki and since the resort is more at the south end it was easy to go other places without spending so much time caught in traffic when we wanted to leave the beach area. The only small complaint we had was the noise from the street, but we expected this and brought earplugs, so we were set. The lowest rate I saw for a partial oceanview (like we had) was $279, so we felt that we got a bargain. Everything in the room was in good repair and very clean, and housekeeping was great. Our room was always clean when we returned. A good true 4* and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• 11 months later...

Just wanted to give you an update from our stay. The Marriott was very nice, in a prime location right across from Waikiki Beach. Upon checking in we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room on the 13th (bad luck?) floor. The room was spacious enough and each bed had 4 fluffy down pillows each, down comforter and a featherbed under the sheets. I contacted the hotel right after I won the bid and requested a nonsmoking room, double beds and a crib. We later realized we got a smoking room (ashtrays on the lanai and in the bathroom) but we didn't mind because it didn't smell like smoke and our neighbors weren't smoking (that we could tell). After we dropped off our stuff and ran out for lunch, we found the crib waiting for us in the room.

The Marriott has several restaurants and shops on site, including 2 ABC stores which is really convenient. There are activities and events in the hotel everyday and there are live performances (singers/dancers) every evening. We really enjoyed our stay, the Marriott is a very family friendly hotel (we have 3 small children) and we will definitely stay here on our next trip to Hawaii. (Which will be sometime this year since it was cloudy and raining most of the time we were there!)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. Got back from Honolulu and here's my two cents worth. The location is great for those that like the hustle and bustle of the city. Great for walking around to everything, including the zoo a block away. The staff at this hotel was great. We had a terrific view of the beach, ocean and the street of Kalakaua (the main street right off the beach). We did get upgraded to a deluxe room oceanview double beds. I couldn't believe how beautiful our view was! We ended up staying here for 6 nights. I had used Marriott points for the 4 add'l nights that I had reserved earlier. Although food was expensive here and practically everywhere else, the locals can give you tips, if you are into Hawaiian Chicken and Beef BBQ. There really is no need for a car if you plan to do the tourist stuff. Book ahead for these and take the transportation provided, cheaper and adds to the adventure. Our first 5 days the weather was terrible, rain...they had straight 40 some days which was very unusual. I extended another week (sunny all week) which is another story. I did do the priceline hotel booking and still got great prices @Radisson Kuhio and Hawaii Prince.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]