Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan (Rio Grande-Fajardo-El Yunque) HOTEL NAME???

Scotlady1
By Scotlady1,
in

Hi. Bid $90 on 3 1/2 star hotel in San Juan and was rejected. I wanted to bid again, so I checked the Rio Grande area and noticed there was nothing but resorts in that zone, so I added that zone and rebid.

My bid was rejected, but the system said I could bid again if I went up to $120, so I did, since I was ok with paying $120 for a hotel in San Juan.

Unfortunately, PL came back and told me I now have booked a resort hotel in the Rio Grande area (which I can't use, since we only have one day in San Juan before a cruise.

I assume there must have been something in the fine print saying that it would rebid all hotel types, but I didn't see it. I've sent an email to PL, but don't really expect to get a response.

So, just a warning for those like me who don't realize the system does this. Maybe I can save someone else some money :)

Scotlady1,

Sorry to hear of your bidding error. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so we can add this information to the topic title, as well as follow-up your previous threads with whatever you ended up doing for each of those stay... we'll comment on your purchase above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Don't email PL, call and speak to customer service. Insist that you need it changed because you cannot use it. In the past, I've been able to get my bids reneged, but with a $25 change fee (not sure if they also charge one night's stay too, the rules have changed in the past years). If you book within 7 days via PL and call them, they will refund you that $25 change fee. It can be done.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]