Priceline Hotel: Bidding For 3 Day Wknd Jan 15th-18th

Vegas001
By Vegas001,
in

I am planning on going to Boston to take in two Bruins games, Sat January 15th & Mon January 17th, and a Celtics game Mon January 17th. Being I am going solo I would like to keep the costs reasonable, say $150 maximum a night. Would like to stay close to the TD Garden. Would $150 be too low of a maximum bid being it is a long weekend and three games on that weekend?

Being it is winter I don't want to be having to travel far from the hotel to the Garden. I have never used PRICELINE nor HOTWIRE before.

Thanks

Based upon current rates i think your budget should be fine...

Let us know which zone(s) you're willing to accept and if you're willing to pay more for a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR if your goal is the least expensive 3* or better for this stay. We'll then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From a city planning perspective, I would assume that there is good bus and metro access to arena, and Boston isn't that big of a city. The TD Garden is in the northern part of the Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial zone, but you should consult take a look at the PRICELINE zones and boundaries to determine if you're ok landing a hotel anywhere within this zone and if there are any other zone you find acceptable.

Let us know what you decide and we'll suggest a strategy for you to you follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Planning on heading to Boston in the middle of January to take in a Celtics and Bruins games doubleheader at the Garden.

Have never used Hotwire nor Priceline. Need some help.

Weekend is Saturday January 15th-Tuesday January 18th.

Would like to stay somewhere that is convenient to get to the Garden, I will not be driving so public transit would be a plus, subway for sure would be excellent, or a short cab ride to the Garden. Say 3*/3.5* in the Faneuil Hill-Financial District, Copley Square or Boston Harbor areas? My budget would be up to $150 a night. Do not want to break the bank so less than that would be great. If I have to I will go 2 nights instead, Sun-Tue if the rates are too high at that time being the MLK long weekend. Thanks guys in advance.

As long as there are some places to eat, areas are safe to walk, and access to the subway then it is fine.

Plenty of place to eat in the North End, but i'm not certain how good train access is in the Harbor Front-Aquarium zone... i'd double check a subway map to verify, then confirm if this zone is acceptable or not and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

At the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Copley Square...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Financial District...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Copley and Financial District...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

The above may be lowballing a bit, so don't get discouraged if you're turned down at these levels... just post back and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]