Priceline Hotel: Need help looking for a family friendly hotel in Lake Oswego, OR

ngheht
By ngheht,
in

Hello Everyone,

I need some last minute help in booking either at the Embassy Suites or Residence Inn in Lake Oswego-Tigard area near Portland, OR for 10/13-10/20. We will be travelling with a 3 yr and an 8 mo old babies so the suite-type accommodation is what I am looking for.

I understand that it is a crap shoot with PL and Hotwire but I am just trying to better my chance with your expertise.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

There is no way to increase your chances of a particular hotel when bidding on PRICELINE... you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone(s) you select.

If this is acceptable, let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Right now I am booked at the Washington Square Embassy Suites for $90 + tax through the Hilton website.

I was hoping to get a lower rate through Priceline or Hotwire but the uncertainty about those two options has me scared a little bit.

To answer your question, something in the range of 50-60 dollar a night is ideal.

Thanks for helping

HOTWIRE does have a 3* hotel in this area for $59/nite which i'm guessing is the well reviewed 3* Holiday Inn Express Lake Oswego... so it will come down to whether or not a suite is worth the extra $25/nite. LIke the Embassy Suites this 3* HOTWIRE offers a free breakfast (as indicated by the Complimentary Breakfast icon associated with this offering) but does not have the evening manager's reception that the Embassy Suites does.

Of course you could try PRICELINE for an even lower price (but then have no guess as to what you may receive and/or if the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast or other amenities)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you want help with bidding on PRICELINE, you need to ask further in advance. There's not much we can do now because you're within 24 hours of check-in, which means that you'd have to pay a penalty (likely equal to one night's stay) to cancel your reservation at the Embassy Suites. Combined with the inability to choose your room type if you bid through PRICELINE, I don't think using PRICELINE is your best option in this case. If you want to try anyway, I'd suggest bidding lower than the $50-60/night that you stated earlier. Given the risks and the penalties for cancelling your backup, I would not bid any higher than $40-45.

I wouldn't recommend the HOTWIRE option that thereuare mentioned above, as the cancellation penalty would eat up about half of the $25/night savings.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]