Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hyatt Regency at Penns Landing

mau
By mau,
in

I've been bidding on a downtown Philadelphia hotel for Saturday 10/16 (by using the PRICELINE link from this site, of course!). Yesterday I bid on 4* hotels from $80 - $110 by adding areas without 4* hotels. Tonight I started with $120 for the 4* downtown and after that was rejected, I added 3 1/2* and bid $140 - $160 by adding other areas and those were also rejected.

I'm a little surprised none of these were accepted. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm wondering if just doing one night is the problem...could I book two nights and only show up for one? I see someone else had a $75 bid accepted for a 4* downtown for this weekend, so if I was able to get that, it would be cheaper than the rate I've already tried and not gotten. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Oooh I'm sorry...I posted this in the hotwire part of PA instead of priceline. If I'm able to move the post (which I'm thinking I probably cannot) I'm not sure how to do it. Could someone put this in the correct forum? Thanks so much...sorry for the mess up!

Many hotels in the Downtown area are sold-out for this nite... there is a Phillies Baseball playoff game on this nite as well as an Eagles Football game the following day; not certain, but i suspect that this is likely enough to make Downtown hotels sell-out, or at the very least contribute to a lack of available inventory.

What is the best rate you're able to find for a Downtown hotel thru conventional booking channels? Could you stay at a different zone nearby?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for all the info, guys! I only knew about the Phillies game...with all of it put together, it makes more sense now. I made quite a number of bids last night and this morning and was just about to give up and pay $200 for a Holiday Inn when I noticed a price drop on Hotwire which I had also been monitoring. I then made a bid for 3 1/2* on PRICELINE tonight (by using the link on this board) for downtown and $150 and much to my surprise, saw the message "Congratulations, we’ve upgraded your hotel quality level to a 4-star hotel. Your price of $150 was accepted by Hyatt Regency Philadelphia At Penns Landing." So, it's more than I was originally hoping to pay, but now that I know how booked up everything is and that I got a 4* property, I'm satisfied.

Congratulations on your success!

Given the high demand, this looks like a nice deal at a very nice hotel. Glad to see you're happy with the results and saved a few dollars (and upgraded the quality of your hotel) compared to what you were about to book directly.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, Temple and Flyers too. Now I feel even better about the price I got!

I noticed that my win got posted on the Hotwire PA part of the Calendar of Wins. I'm sure that's because I originally posted in this forum which was incorrect. Is there a way I could change it so it ends up in the correct place? This site is always very helpful to me and I'd just like my info to be as much help as possible to others!

This was also Parent's Weekend at Temple. I had the same difficulty finding a hotel room in the city at a reasonable price.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of it when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

THANKS!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]