Priceline Hotel: First Time to Orlando

kavita
By kavita,
in

Hi, i am planning a trip for 4 adults and 2 babies (9 months old) to Orlando in december (4-7). I have bever been to Orlando before and was looking to start priceline bidding for the rooms. But there are so many zones, i am not sure which zone i should be focusing on.

As of now we only plan to visit Universal Studio for a day or two as 2 of the adults (my parents) in our party are seniors (age 75) and would not be able to walk around too much or enjoy roller coasters. And the remaining two adults (my husband and i) would be attending to the babies. Which is why we are planing to look at Universal studios slowly over a 2 day period.

Can some one advice what would be the ideal zone(s) to bid on?

Also any other suggestions on what other activities we could do or places to see while at orlando would be really appreciated.

Also looking at ways to get theme park tickets and airline tickets cheap.

Universal zone is closest; the SeaWorld zone is just south of the Universal zone and would also be very close, especially if you would get a hotel in the nothern part of that zone; Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney is also an option - probably 15-20 minute drive from Universal. The SeaWorld and Lake Buena Vista zones have more hotels in those zones than the Universal zone, especially for the 3.5* and 4* hotels or condos. Universal's web site or undercovertourist.com would probably be best option for 2 day tickets. Gate prices are normally higher than Universal's web site - undercovertourist prices may be slightly lower than Universal's web site.

hi taliategan, appreciate your response.. will look at the bid history for those zones and try bidding..

i also googled orlando vacations and i came accross some sites (not sure if i can mention site here) that were offering condos / resorts (2 bedroom villas) for $149 for 3nights (for all nights total..) and also offering 2 free tickets to any theme parks..

They have even mentioned which resort and pictures etc and it looks really nice..the deal seems too good to be true.. i wonder if this is some sort of scam?

Its probably a timeshare sales pitch. You would likely have to attend a sales presentation in order to get the theme park tickets.

... and often the fully discounted advertised price too. :)

Are you looking for two rooms?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...
If you let us know which zone(s) are acceptable, as well as your maximum bid and desired star rating, we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Hi

Sorry for the late response. That trip never materialized due to personal reasons. Planning a trip for next week now..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]