Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Holiday Inn Wall Street

imsocloey
By imsocloey,
in

Looking for advice on a hotel bid for nyc from 10/31/10-11/3/10, perfectly fine with 3*+ and really not sure about where to stay...just needs to be close to subway/transportation. We have not begun bidding because just not sure which zones to bid on. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

We've visited 2-3 times, but it's been a while and we stayed at hotels where corporate booked us....so now we are on our own and looking to stay under $175/night after tax. Saw someone else win a bid in Chelsea for $135 for a Sheraton that sounds good....but let me know if you have any tips of what areas are nice to stay...this trip is a graduation gift to my step son who has never been to NYC and will want to do the "touristy" stuff.

Thanks!

If you're bidding the 3* level i would try the following zones:

Chelsea, ESB, MSG, MTW, TS

You can decide if the following zones would work for your needs as well:

MTE - can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway at some hotels in the zone

CPS - contains the Hudson Hotel, which gets decent reviews except for the notoriously small rooms

I'd check the zones in the first group to ensure they will work fro your needs, then consider whether you also want to include MTE and/or CPS based upon the caveats listed.

Once you decide upon the zones let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, i assume you'e looking for the least expensive 3* or better (vs. willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3*)

Lastly, please check for the bonus cash in your profile (ie- go to PRICELINE and click the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page). If the link to the bonus money is there PLEASE click this link to PRICELINE, then use the bonus money link in your profile (and NOT the link in a PRICELINE email)

Let us know regarding the zones and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First, yes, the bonus cash is in my rewards so I will definitely use the betterbidding link when bidding. Secondly, your assumption is correct about trying to find the best deal on a 3*, rather than paying more for a 4* -- I guess with the only exception being the actual difference in price per day. If the difference were nominal, $20-25/day difference, I'd be more willing to pay for 4*, but if I could get a really good deal on a 3* that would be the preference (I'm also guessing the $50 bonus cash has to be split across the 3 nights?).

The zones you mentioned look good. I guess if I had to prioritize them by desirability I'd choose ESB, MTW, TS, MSG, Chelsea

And I'm not opposed to the zones you mentioned in the 2nd group, but let's see what we can do with this first set. I'm so excited!

Thank you for your assistance and insights!

The Bonus Cash is actually $10 per nite up to 5 nites (assuming it's like all the other bonus cash we've seen)

Your $175 all-in rate comes to about a $145 bid amount, but i'm going to go up to $150 as a round number and because i think rates are fairly high for these dates.

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Chelsea and ESB and TS...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and ESB and TS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and ESB and TS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and Chelsea...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and ESB and MSG and TS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW and ESB and Chelsea...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MSG and MTW and TS...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MSG and ESB...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MSG and MTW and ESB and TS...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I was starting to get so discouraged. I used the template for the first few days after your post, but then thought I'd wait until last week to start bidding again. And once I saw some of the other people who won bids for the same nights, so I tried to develop a strategy on their bids, but to no avail. So tonight, I just tried 3* for $90 plus $10 bonus cash and I only picked Financial District and Chelsea (based on someone else's win) and got the

Holiday Inn Wall Street

Downtown - Soho - Financial District

51 Nassau Street

New York, New York 10038

212-227-3007

Check-In Date:

Sun, Oct 31, 2010 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date:

Wed, Nov 3, 2010 / 12:00 PM

Bonus Cash Per Room, Per Night: $10.00

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $90.00

Total Offer Price Per Room, Per Night with Bonus: $100.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Charges to your Credit Card

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night: $90.00

Subtotal: $270.00

Taxes & Fees: $69.39

Total Charges*: $339.39

Thank you guys so much for your help and we are pleased that we will have lots of money left over in our pockets for the visit!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]