Priceline gets the 72 hour wait wrong

Canadian
By Canadian,
in

I was not sure how to word the topic of this.

On March 23 I submitted a priceline request that was rejected. I have email with the date and time from priceline to prove that this is when I submitted my request.

Now when I go and check my history it says I submitted that above request on March 24 I did not submit this request anywhere near midnight so time zone adjustment is irrelevant. Has anyone had this happen before?

• 2 weeks later...

Did you attempt another bid PRIOR to the end of the 72 hour period? If so, PL may have started the clock ticking from that point. This happened to me once. I had placed a bid which was rejected. I did not have any rebid options for dates or zones, so I had to wait 72 hours. Before the 72 hours was up, PL sent me an email saying it had been 3 days since my last bid so I could bid again. When I tried, it rejected because the 72 hours was not up, and then started a new 72 hour period from that time/date, not the original.

Or, did you have several attempts on that request? Sometimes not all of them show up and I thought only the latest one showed?

You could send the email you received to PL Customer Service. I personally would be interested in how that goes. :) I'm being somewhat sarcastic here because it sometimes takes a few tries before you get other than a standard response.

Replying to Priceline gets the 72 hour wait wrong

......maybe so, but you haven't explained why this ruined your travel plans yet.........obviously if it's a little longer than 72hrs it's not hurting your travel plans

if priceline was locking out for way over 3 days then thousands would be complaining, I'm sure it's a rare fluke

don't worry be happy mon!!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]