Priceline Hotel: Rebid Question

ht42slw
By ht42slw,
in

Thank you! Charleston, SC - Downtown - 10/15-10/17. Around 10 pm I bid for a 4*. The next day - I rebid the same zone with a 3.5 then went down to a 3. I was wondering if I could rebid in 24 hours from 10 pm for a 4* for all the * levels - or if each (*) was treated individually for the 24 hour rule.

Thanks!

I was wondering if I could rebid in 24 hours from 10 pm for a 4* for all the * levels - or if each (*) was treated individually for the 24 hour rule.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here.

When bidding for a 4* in Charleston you have SIX re-bid zones. Are you familiar with re-bidding and how to determine your re-bid zones using the techniques discussed in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained? Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board OR if you're confused by the information in the thread linked above ask question and we'll break it down further for you.

If/when you have your re-bid zones understood let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

How low are you trying to go? I have found if you are using the same or very close to the bids on this board you will almost certainly get a hit and successful bid. If you go REALLY low you will get rejected a lot. The only reason why it might not work is if there is a large event in town. Pro football, Big NCAA College Football, MLB Playoffs, local festival or large event etc. Hotels know when big events are in town.

For instance The Marriott downtown in Atlanta isn't going to take 50 a night during Dragon*Con Convention here in Atlanta. They are selling out within 48 hours at 200 a night!

I was definitely going low. I have some time. I bid $75, $85 and $95 last night for a 3* downtown and got rejected on all (I also used Charleston Southern zone and W. Charleston zone which do not have 3*). I see some won bids on here for much less than that a couple weeks out (I realize this can make a huge difference too).

Anyway, my original question was I bid for a 4* and got rejected on all. The next morning I decided to bid 3.5* and then went down to 3*. My understanding is that you then have to wait 24 hours to rebid. If I want to bid for a 3.5* again, do I have to wait until 24 hours I did my first bid (4*) or my second bids of (3.5* and 3.0*). Is the 24 hour period based on the City or the star level? Does that make sense?

Thanks to all!

The star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so in your example above, when you placed your 3* bid... you were also placing a 3.5* and 4* bid as well. Therefore, to bid 4* again (or 3.5*) you would need to wait 24 hours after the last bid you had made (when you selected 3*)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The star rating you select is the minimum you're willing to accept, so in your example above, when you placed your 3* bid... you were also placing a 3.5* and 4* bid as well. Therefore, to bid 4* again (or 3.5*) you would need to wait 24 hours after the last bid you had made (when you selected 3*)

Gotcha! Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]