Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maryland-DC Suburbs (Bethesda-South Rockville) Hyatt Regency

brettlangston
By brettlangston,
in

I originally bid $69 but got rejected so I added Mt Vernon region (only 1 and 2 star available) and bid $75.

I got rejected again so I changed my dates to leave a day early on the 11th and went to $81. It got accepted. I was then offered to add a day, so I tried $81 again. It was denied and they suggested $329 for the extra night.

I logged back in and bid $87 for a 3.5* in Bethesda again and was given the Marriott Bethesda on Pooks hill.

Both of these hotels seem really nice and are going for about $250-300 elsewhere, so kudos to me.

This was my first time using PRICELINE, and this website really helped. Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success! The median prices suggested by PRICELINE are not very meaningful and shouldn't play much of a role in your bidding. As well, there are often times when a higher rated hotel can be cheaper then a lower rated hotel. Hotel pricing is based upon occupancy levels (supply/demand) at a given hotel, so as an example, a 3* hotel may have a wedding or some other group booked for a given nite which will consume a lot of their rooms, and this hotel will increase the price of whatever rooms they have remaining... whereas a 4* hotel fro the same nite might not have any groups/events planned and therefore have low occupancy, and lower their rates to attract more guests.

Glad to see you received a very nice deal for this stay. Unfortunately you'll need to change hotels for the last nite, but to save $250 by doing so seems like a good trade-off :)

Can you please add your second purchase (of the Marriott) to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of that win when searching the topic titles of the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]