in

Your Offer Price: $35.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $35.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$10.56

Total Charges: $45.56

We are planning a side trip to Hershey (on our way to D.C) in June wanting to book two nights (13 & 14)

in the Harrisburg/Hershey area, we would most likely be coming in late on the 13th (after driving all day) After reading posts in this forum, I wanted to try and get the 3* Crowne Plaza for these nights but had bis rejected on two seperate occasions (waiting the 72 hours) This after bidding only for *3 and using three re-bids (with no *3) and finally adding the Harrisburg West area and bidding up to $50 - no good. I already had booked as a backup, two nights ($80 per) at one of the Harrisburg Best Westerns, but wanted to spend less. I went to bidding right way again (didn't wait 72 hours) with this strategy (although got messages about duplicate bidding):

Bid for one night only (June 13th)

Selected Harrisburg *4

Bid $30 - rejected

Added Harrisburg - Hershey bid $35 - rejected

Added Carlisle bid $40 - rejected

Added Harrisburg West bid $50 - rejected (Was willing to take *3 in this area)

Did not add last re-bid (York) but added *2 to all other areas and lowered bid to $35

If rejected I would wait 72 hours and re-bid

After about a 5 minute wait (went to the screen that says check status of request in 15 minutes) the bid was accepted and I won the Hampton Inn in Carlisle, which worked out fine (have seen good reviews for it)

I will bid for another night here or elsewhere after we decide if we are here on the 13th/14th or 12/13th, either way I have one night booked. This hotel goes for $99 (direct website) and has some nice amenities,

easy access to the Interstate and not that far from Hershey, should do nicely. Will post a review when stay is completed. :)

Looks like it took a bit of effort but the savings were worthwhile.

Your topic title indicated Harrisburg area, but this hotel appears to be in the Carlisle zone, is that how Priceline classifies it? (it should say so on your bid confirmation screen)

Please let us know so that we can make sure our hotel lists are accurate and that priceline has property zoned this property.

Thanks for posting and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]