Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New Orleans (Downtown) La Quinta Inn & Suite

UAB Blazer
By UAB Blazer,
in

1. Is the Convention Center area or Central Business District closer/more convenient to Bourbon Street? My first choice is the French Quarter, but I am trying to keep it under $100 a night. So I need a backup plan if FQ doesn't pan out.

2. I want a 2* or higher for the first weekend of Jazzfest (4/22-2/24). There is not much data on 2* or even 2.5* on the web, so do you think I can find a bargain for this level of hotel?

Thanks for your help, and I will be sure to post my P/L bids once I get some feedback on this post.

The CBD zone abuts the corner of Bourbon & Canal, 1 block from where the party starts. The CC zone starts a two blocks away. But both stretch, so your hotel may be farther...

In the CC zone, the nicer hotels (4* Sheraton, Hilton) tend to be right on Canal St, while the 2.5* hotels (Courtyard, Res. Inn) are up to a half mile away.

First weekenders bidding CBD are mostly getting the Hyatt (for $60 - $80), which is also a bit of a hike. Be careful of going below 3* in the CBD, as there are some hotels that are very poorly reviewed there.

In any case, don't hesitate to spend some of your hotel savings on a $5-$10 cab ride back to the hotel if you are tired, or it's late at night and the streets are deserted. And, please, try to see some of the nightlife besides Bourbon Street. Try Frenchmen St, just past the French Quarter, for a street party with lots of live music too.

I need to clarify my first post. My bid limit is $85 per night. My overall limit is $100 that includes taxes and fees.. Thanks for providing the HOTWIRE link Thereuare, but with taxes and fees it equals about $120 a night.

I have bid up to $85 on 2.5* in CC, CBD, and FQ with no success(for 4/22-4/24). I am not to worried, because I think when the date gets a little closer some stuff might open up.

:)

Swag-Thanks for the info. This is going to be for a bachelor party so I think we will primarily be on Bourbon.

My search has ended. I ended up booking the 2.5* hotel I identified as the La Quinta Inn and Suites on HOTWIRE .

$98 per night x 2 + taxes = $230

I have read excellent reviews on this property, and it looks like we won't have to take too many cab rides. Plus free breakfast.

I will post my win on the Hotwire forum, and I used the board's link. Thanks for you help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]