Priceline Hotel: 2* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) OHare Garden Hotel

LogicX
By LogicX,
in

I would strongly advise NOT bidding this low stars in this zone; for fear of getting stuck with this hotel.

It was as bad as all the reviews on tripadvisor -- and I rarely get worked up about hotels.

Thankfully I checked for bed bugs, and was okay, everything in my room worked except things listed on their outdated website (like wired Internet in the room).

Wireless only in the lobby -- every chair is always taken.

I did find great free wireless internet down the street at dominicks (grocery store with nice seating) -- open 24 hours.

Walking to/from the hotel can be dangerous: Poorly lit walkways, no sidewalks on some sides of the road, and no pedestrian crossings at intersections.

Nearby restaurants also not very good. Restaurant in the hotel is no longer open.

Shuttle service was scary to the airport, and they argued with me to take me to the movies 2.6 miles away, despite their written offer of transport to anything within 3 miles.

Icemakers - had to visit a 3rd one before found a working one.

Shower - Water temperature varies, and scalds you!

Hallways - Every light fixture is broken, wallpaper is coming off the walls, elevator sounds so horrible I stopped using it, for fear of it breaking and getting stuck in it.

Breakfast - Never saw it, everything was gone by the time I'd make it down in the morning.

Priceline should really consider rating this 1* instead of 2*

Used PRICELINE link

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]