Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Copley Square 10/21-10-25

Crew Mom
By Crew Mom,
in

I have been lurking for a couple of days absorbing all of the great informative tips. I have a question. Please be patient as I am a new to this. On a thread with the last post date of June 24, 2010 "snowflake" you responded with a certain strategy that I would like to try. It went like this:

At the 3.5* level you have FIVE re-bid zones... at the 3* level you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 3.5* Quincy Market and Copley Square...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

I would like to try for a 3.5* Copley Square for 10/21-10/25....

I would like to have the FIVE re-bids. I just want to make sure that I am following correctly. When you mention "Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone..." is the re-bid zone the zones like Fenway, Brighton-Brookline, Medford, North Cambridge and South Boston which do not have 3.5*? Another question, do I start out with choosing both Copley Square and Quincy Market or do I start with just Copley Square and use Quincy Market as a re-bid zone? Thank you so much for any help you may offer. I really appreciate it tremendously.....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You have listed your re-bid zones correctly, but always double check them (using the method from Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) to make sure that nothing has changed since the last time you checked.

However, based upon current rates, i don't think you have much of a chance with a $100 maximum bid (which is why we don't recommended following a strategy for dates which are different then your own). What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Something to keep in mind for your dates of travel is that Boston is going to be even busier that weekend. The Head of the Charles Regatta is that weekend and many of the colleges/universities have Parents' Weekend that weekend, too. I was supposed to be in Boston that same weekend (10/21 - 10/26) and bid as high as $150/night without success. Hopefully you're able to pull off a win as the dates get closer and hotels want to fill up their unreserved rooms.

I have a reservation for $206 right now. I am going for The Head of the Charles since my daughter will be rowing. I will keep double checking the different zones each time to make sure they dont change. Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it very much...

I tried it last night by starting with just the Copley Square first then added QM, Fenway, etc.....

I'm assuming you booked your back-up awhile ago as that rate looking pretty good relative to current prices.

If you've bid up to your maximum there is no much you're able to do except continue to try and hope for prices to come down between now and your stay.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]