Priceline Hotel: 5* Singapore (Orchard Road) Hilton

marnie_g
By marnie_g,
in

Used PRICELINE Link

Pricelines nightly rate has dropped - now Conrad Centennial $168 and Hilton Singapore $194 (drop by 20%). Their B & B rates are really good too.

Plus taxes & charges in Singapore at about 17.?%.

Inspired by member Collin Hack's latest successful bid......

Bid Singapore Marina Bay 5* starting at $80 adding all other areas except Bugis and Orchard $95 - no luck.

So logged out and had my husband try

Bid Singapore Marina Bay 5* $101 - won the Hilton Singapore - a good hotel good price.........pleased but its not Marina Bay.

So, I'm thinking....I'm sure I bid Marina Bay - then the doubt - Did i make a mistake? - I don't think so. Priceline does say for the time frame the best deal is on Orchard Rd. Did they just pop in this Orchard Rd hotel? If I had typed in Orchard Rd originally would I have got the Hilton at $80?

I'm happy with this lovely hotel but as we have a further 5 night stay 13/18th (weekdays) to book I would like Marina Bay area. I have sent priceline an email query trying to find out some info so I can get a Marina Bay Hotel. ....

No reply yet.........48 hours later?

For everyone info the maps on Priceline for Singapore are way out! - make sure you check out the hotels EXACT location on tripadvisor!!! I have told PRICELINE many times - however i think they like the confusion - especially for people who have never been there. Map shows some hotels on the side of Africa?

So I would love the other 5 nights at Conrad Centennial - maybe its wise to wait until the best deal shows Marina Bay 5* however our $AU is so strong at the moment and with the 20% per price drop....................

I am considering getting the PRICELINE B & B nightly rate plus the killer taxes......however it is still early days.........but the time frame is school holidays......and we are travelling with a couple who have a baby we want the full 5 nights at one hotel.

On Tripadvisor Conrad Centennial is about No 3 hotel and Hilton is about 20+ in popularity... although its generally a lesser rate maybe it requires a higher bid than for the Hilton to win it?

Questions, Questions, Questions! I know I have raved on but maybe my experience may be of some interest to other bidders............

Cheers M :)

Ps there is always other travel sites..... MariMari and WEGO that are worth a look.................

Congratulations on your success!

While not your first choice in zone hope you're happy with the results and can make this work well for your plans.

If you need help with the remaining nites of this trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Thereuare,

My point is that the Hilton Singapore is smack bang in the centre of Orchard Rd for a long as my tushy has pointed south!

It is not a Marina Bay Hotel!

Yep I am happy with Hilton Singapore for 3 nights but want the remainder of the stay - 5 nights on Marina Bay. Now if I bid again Marina Bay 5 star are they going to throw in a 5 star from Bugis (Intercontinental) or will I get the Hilton again or some other random hotel from any area they choose.........

thats the question

Cheers M

Sorry... i thought you had (intentionally) bid the Orchard Road zone.

If you look at your winning bid confirmation page, what does it say under the hotel name but above the hotel address?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thereuare it says Orchard Rd.

Maybe I made a mistake? I will never know.....and customer service has not replied and I have sent a couple of emails....

I have accepted the win - good hotel - good price - and it will fit in with our plans. I will have a crack at the Conrad I think when the best deal shows Marina Bay 5* for my other 5 days....

I appreciate your help and hope my little piece of humour (yes thats how we spell it downunder) made you laugh. Cheers M

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Still no answer?

Sorry Guido PL didn't ever get back to me.........I can tell you tho the Hilton was a great stay.....pretty hard to get anything now it seems........M

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]