Travelocity Top Secret

Yuri
By Yuri,
in

Hi all,

Just booked a hotel in Toronto through Travelocity Top Secret Hotels. Bidding on Priceline took me to $128 USD for my dates for 4*, and still didn't accept. Hotwire: the cheapest option was $145. Travelocity gave me $109 CAD, and the best part was that I was able to identify the hotel exactly before bidding by the ratings. Travelocity has ratings in multiple categories, so it's very easy to match the hotel exactly.

I'm pretty loyal to Priceline despite them screwing me once with Sheraton Gateway in YYZ Terminal 3 being in the wrong zone (this has been reported on this board). I've always booked 4* hotels in TO in a $65-$80 range. But this time, they weren't accepting anything at all. Not sure why...

Anyway, just wondering if it's time to add Travelocity as another option on this board, and track the hotels and the wins similarly to PL and HW.

Cheers.

We're starting to accumulate these wins as users post them in the OTHER DEALS >> HOTELS section of the board and will figure out how to best categorize them in the future once we have more data.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the details of your purchase:

Star rating, city, zone, hotel received, room rate, dates and amenities shown before your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or our Travelocity link if/when you go thru that service)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Here are the details of my purchase:

Star rating: 4*

City: Toronto

Zone: Downtown Toronto

Hotel received: Cosmopolitan Toronto Hotel and Spa

Room rate: CAD 109.25

Dates: 10/1/10-10/3/10

Amenities shown: High-Speed Internet, Non-smoking

Additional details:

Traveler rating: 4 :)

Also, detailed traveler rating break down is shown if you click on the Traveler rating link. Going through 4* hotels one by one I was able to match the detailed traveler ratings exactly to Cosmopolitan hotel. They show 10 categories, and the combination of ratings is very unique. You can figure out pretty much all the hotels offered that way, if you're trying to collect more data.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]