Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea) Holiday Inn Sixth Avenue

zipruana
By zipruana,
in

I have been unsuccessfully bidding on these below zones as they seem to revolve around Times Square

|

|

|

v

Empire State Building Area

Chelsea Area

Hell's Kitchen

Midtown West

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown East

Times Square - Theatre District

I am looking for one night on September 23rd and have bid up to $225 on the above zones and no luck.

I have not been bidding on these below as I am unsure about them and don't want to wind up in the hood getting mugged and perceive that being near Times Square is primo :)

|

|

|

v

Brooklyn

Central Park South

Long Island City

Coney Island

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Can anyone tell me if any of the above zones are safe and would work well with wanting to be around the Time Square area and which ones I might include in my next bid?

Times Square is actually a zone I wouldn't recommend staying in; it's more expensive, it's very crowded and other nearby zones are cheaper - NYC has a ton of things to offer in other areas, as well.

I would definitely consider CPS. Upper West Side/Upper East Side and Downtown/Soho/Financial District are very nice areas, but they are not centrally located. I would not recommend Brooklyn, LIC or Coney.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Brooklyn

Central Park South

Long Island City

Coney Island

Downtown - SoHo - Financial District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

If you are looking for Times Square, I would go with

Central Park South (CPS); and

Upper West Side (UWS)

It is not that the other sections are bad, it is that CPS is geographically close, and UWS shares the same subway lines (A, 1, 2 and 3).

Both are CPS is an easy walk. UWS is also walkable or a quick and inexpensive ride by MTS or cab to Times Square.

There is no problem with the Upper East Side, except it is not as easy to get to Times Square, so if all of your engagements are in Times Square, you will spend a lot of time in cabs.

The Downtown/SoHo area is one of my favorite areas, and I like staying there, but it takes a long time to get from there to Times Square. Unless you have something specific to do in Times Square, this is a great area.

Thank-you so much, great post!!! and that advice makes a world of difference.

I will ad Midtown East, Midtown West, and *Upper Midtown/CentralParkSouth to my bids. And get back to y'all with the results. I want to spend under $200 and a 3 star or better would be great for that thursday nght I am after . We shall see, week nights are tricky in any city!

"Upper Midtown"? I did not see "Upper Midtown" as a zone option. I saw upper east and upper west - was that what you meant by "Upper Midtown"?

Not a win I feel like bragging about ! I can't believe how expensive NYC is this time of year!!!!! :) Bah humbug. All the other wins throughout the years balance out this one though. Thanks betterbidding.

Used the PRICELINE link of course :-)

Holiday Inn Nyc - Manhattan 6th Ave

Chelsea Area

125 West 26th Street

Fri, Sep 24, 2010 / 11:00 AM

Your Offer Price Per Room, Per Night:$225.00

Subtotal:$225.00

Taxes & Fees: $54.05

Total Charges*:$279.05

The estimated price on the Holliday Inn hotels website is $346.60 for that same night - saved enough $ for a meal :-)

Does anyone know if Priceline has any policies about how many people I can have in my hotel room?

For one of my New York nights, I will have 4 people in my hotel room and a person told me that Priceline has a policy that I can only have TWO people per room or that there is an extra charge $ for each person.

Anybody updated on that?

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed. A number of hotels in NYC have lower than average max capacity due to how small they are (not uncommon), but may not be as much of an issue at a Holiday Inn property.

Getting two beds is going to be extremely unlikely, but I would be surprised if you were charged an extra person fee - I would recommend not making it too apparent that you are a party of four, though - I wouldn't have everyone right at the counter at check-in.

Thanks for the advice 'AaronJB'!

It is for my two night priceline win at the New York Marriott Marquis.

I called ahead just now and they gave me a garantee of two beds... but first he said "oooooooh I see you purchased through a wholesale third party......" all ominous like. I just laughed and said "yea, and please don't put me in the basement next to the furnace" He laughed and garanteed me two double beds.

I fully plan to charm my way into a free upgrade when I get there :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]