Priceline Hotel: 3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Embassy Suites

genx
By genx,
in

Hi,

Could you help me with the strategy... Staying Sept 23-26 (3 nights)

Looking for 3* or above, been trying 3.5 been all the way up to $220 and no luck... would prefer to get the room at the cheapest price.

Zones I would like,

Central Park South

Empire State

Madison Square Garden

Mid town East

Mid Town West

Time square

Upper West side

Open to other zones as well, prefer to be were most tourist attractions are and safe zones, please feel free to change zones above on safety.

Thanks for your help and like always will use the PRICELINE link.

S

finally won the hotel

here are the details

3.5* NYC (Downtown-Soho-Financial District) Embassy Suites, $215 ... 09/23/10-09/26/10

started at around 120 and slowly worked up to this bid, got asked to bid 40 more at 210, had a few free zones which I already went up to 220 so was comfortable adding new zone. Added a new zone increased bid by $5 and won...

Not sure how safe this area is or how close to subway, but if anyone has any insights that would be appreciated

S

Congratulations on your success!

This is a very nice hotel which gets very good reviews. Like all Embassy Suite properties it offers complimentary breakfast and an evening manager's reception. The hotel is in a large building and almost (small) mall-like... has a shoe store, a movie theatre (iirc) and other stores which can be reached without every going outside.

Multiple subway lines available within a 4-5 block radius... only downside is the area can get somewhat quiet, especially on weekends. Do walk towards the water and take in the view... and if the weather is nice you can take the bike/pedestrian path up the Hudson which has some nice park settings along the way.

If you want some 'gourmet' pizza in the area for dinner one nite i recommend this place which is a short 15 minute or so walk away (get directions from the hotel or look at a map as it's off the beaten path on a cobble stone street) where you should go for the 'old fashioned' rectangle pie:

Adrienne's Pizza Bar

54 Stone St

New York, NY 10079

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]