Priceline Hotel: What's the story with Vegas and Priceline??

reserve
By reserve,
in

I've been on 3 recent Vegas trips, two in the middle of summer, one this past week and another coming up next month. They are quick trips and this past one was Sunday through Tuesday. I know Vegas always has some sort of conference, but this past year it seems as though Priceline has really been skimpy on the discounts. I was able to book the Trump the last couple of years for $50-$60 no problem at peak months. Now I can't touch the Trump for less than $90/night, even when they show on Hotels.com they are $103. Something doesn't add up and I am curious if anyone else notices this. I will say that I only search for 5 stars and have the system down quite well. Since they have done the two and out rule it seems that there have been a ton of changes. Is there anywhere else to go??

I've noticed this. I don't understand it and it is starting to make me really concerned. I called a Priceline rep the other day because I was confused on why they were guaranteeing the "best rate" and their rates were $200+ more than booking through the hotel directly. The woman told me that they have limited inventory and their prices increase as supply goes lower. Obviously understandable but still interesting

I've been on 3 recent Vegas trips, two in the middle of summer, one this past week and another coming up next month. They are quick trips and this past one was Sunday through Tuesday. I know Vegas always has some sort of conference, but this past year it seems as though Priceline has really been skimpy on the discounts. I was able to book the Trump the last couple of years for $50-$60 no problem at peak months. Now I can't touch the Trump for less than $90/night, even when they show on Hotels.com they are $103. Something doesn't add up and I am curious if anyone else notices this. I will say that I only search for 5 stars and have the system down quite well. Since they have done the two and out rule it seems that there have been a ton of changes. Is there anywhere else to go??
Please start by reading your messages... then click this PRICELINE link and reply to this thread and well comment on your post above.
I've noticed this. I don't understand it and it is starting to make me really concerned. I called a Priceline rep the other day because I was confused on why they were guaranteeing the "best rate" and their rates were $200+ more than booking through the hotel directly.
What is it that you're concerned about... assuming the 'retail' PRICELINE rate is fully refundable, why not book the higher rate thru PRICELINE and then make a best rate guarantee claim??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]