Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Club Quarters

Sunny123
By Sunny123,
in

Hello, I understand this is a terrible weekend for getting hotels in SF, unfortunately our dates are fixed, and this trip is supposed to be our honeymoon! :) Please help a PRICELINE noob! We'll be arriving in SF on Oct 1st, checking out on the 4th.

I've found several re-bid zones however after reading pages and pages of information, I'm still unsure how the star system works. If I am open to a 3.5 or 4* hotel do I start all my permutations at 4* then go through them all again after adding 3.5* (and possibly lowering starting bid again)? My goal is the lowest price 3.5* or better hotel in union square (east or west). I don't really know SF that well but from the trip advisor forums it sounds like the place to be. I might also be open to the financial district if I get stuck. I don't really want to spend more than 150-160/night, and would love to spend less that that!

I have used this site's links for my PRICELINE / HOTWIRE searches and plan to post my success or lack of when this is all done. Thank you this site is a great resource.

Rates seem somewhat high, but I would advise adding the Financial District/

Embarcadero as a bidding zone. The Omni's rate of $220 seems low enough something might be available in the low to mid $100s. I'm somewhat biased and stay exclusively at the Omni San Francisco when we go to the City.

Otherwise, the only reasonable rate I've found is the 3* Whitcomb on Lastminutetravel.com for $90/nite.

Good luck.

Updated - bid up to $160 for a 4* USE/USW or Financial District/Embarcadero and no success.

Bid up to $160 for a 3.5* in USE/USW - rejected.

Bid up to $140 for a 3.5* in Financial District/Embarcadero and got the Club Quarters San Francisco. Happy to have a room but judging from the terrible reviews I perhaps should have bid more for a 4*.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the results. The reviews i read aren't that bad (mostly complain of thin walls) and the apparently the location is very good... i'm sure you'll make it work for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and have a great honeymoon!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed there before. They're nice. Let them know that it's your honeymoon and I'm sure they'll try to give you an upgraded/larger room. There are some that are significantly bigger and nicer, and if it is your honeymoon, they'll probably try to do something for you. Can't hurt to try, and the location is pretty good.

(Club Quarters is a sleeper 3.5* that many forget about when they're bidding. I did, too, and regretted my bid. At least until everything tightened up and you couldn't get a room for a discount no matter what you did.....)

Let us know how it turns out.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]