Priceline Hotel: 4* Amsterdam (City Center-Museum Quarter) NH Carlton

candj999
By candj999,
in

Need help with the 24 hour waiting period restriction.

I am trying to bid a 4* hotel in City Center/Museum Quarter for Amsterdam. In the past when bidding on PL for my vacations, I was able to use free re-bid zones most of the time. With Amsterdam, there is no free re-bid zone.

So is it true that I need to wait for 24-hr before rebidding again? Any suggestion to how I should bid for a room in Amsterdam? Trip is in a week.

Thanks!

$75, $80, $88, $90, $95.

I broke up the trip last night, and got a counter offer of additional $20 at $105. I did not go with the counter. I then changed the date again (instead of breaking up 2/4 nights, I did 3/3 nights) with $3 more, but rejected.

Travelling with my partner who is busy and can be clumsy with details sometimes (I'm always the one who takes care of the logistics when we go on vacations.) So..... :)

Hopefully I will have better news to report later today. So far one thing for sure is that I will have to break up the stay (Moevenpick is showing availability via HOTWIRE for the first 3 nights, but not the latter 3. And NH Carlton is showing much higher $ for the first 2 nights on Expedia).

OK, tried again.

My dates 9/24-9/30.

Tried for 4* city ctr/museum quarter, $95, failed.

Later tried for the same dates/*/location, $100, failed.

Breaking up the trip into 2 segments. I have searched around various sites and found 9/24 (Fri) & 9/25 (Sat) are the pricest dates of my trip. Since HOTWIRE is offering $119 Moevenpick for 9/24-9/27, I decided to work on bidding 9/26-9/30 first.

9/26 - 9/30

Tried $90 counter offered for additional $20 at $110, I declined.

Later tried $80, counter offered for additional $20 again. This time at $100. I accepted the counter and tried rebidding, this time accepted at $100 by NH Carlton Amsterdam.

Now I need 9/24-9/26.

Up to $85 failed.

So 9/24 - 9/26 I'm still without a room. Will try again tomorrow maybe with $90-$100 bids. If still no wins, I will book via HOTWIRE.

Used the PRICELINE link provided on this forum for the bidding. Thanks all.

I am also looking for these same dates...9/24-9/26.

I'm actually thinking about splitting my bid up and do each night separately because I have noticed most of the hotels are only available one night or the other. This depends on what the other two people in my party want to do and if they are willing to switch hotels during our stay. Otherwise, we will just have to bite the bullet and be willing to spend more (our problem is having a 3-person party...which means we must get 2 hotel rooms or find a non-Priceline hotel that accommodates 3).

skyhighfa,

Did you look at HOTWIRE (using link top left on this site)? You can specify the number of people with it.

Alternatively, there really is good train service (regular/fast/inexpensive) from the airport. In AMS an airport hotel can be a workable solution.

Romelle

Also, I hope you will consider posting with a new post just for your very own stay. It keeps things tidier on the board.

Here is the latest:

Dates: 9/24 - 9/26, 4*, City Center/Museum Quarter

Failed up to $100, countered $25 to $125, I declined.

Trip is coming up, and for a peace of mind I just want to have the hotel part of the trip sorted out. On top of that, it seems like there are quite some interest for the same dates. So I decided to just book with HOTWIRE, $119 for Moevenpick. This hotel has good reviews (4* rating by tripadvisor reviews, better than Carlton's 3.5). I'd rather take this certainty than having to bid on PL if the prices are about the same.

Details of Movenpick purchase in this Hotwire Hotel Amsterdam thread.

Good luck to those who are also bidding. With the counter offer for my last bid, I'd say the price you're going to have to pay is around $125 for those dates, if you want 4* in the City Center. But at least it's comforting to know there is still inventory of rooms. You might be able to win a room < $125 as time approaches, but it will be a risk you take. Hope it works out for everyone.

Congratulations on your win(s) and thank you for sharing them with the board.

Glad to see your plans were flexible that you were able to split your bid and land nice deals for each leg of your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]