Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (River North) Renaissance Chicago Hotel

nroethel
By nroethel,
in

I am currently bidding for this night, my preference is the group in the River North catagory. Below is my bidding strategy so far I have failed on all bids:

4 STAR-

55 - River North...rejected

60 - Midway...Free Rebid...rejected

65 - NMA...rejected

70 - Lincoln Pk....Free Rebid...rejected

75 - Skokie...Free Rebid...rejected

3 STAR-

70 - NMA...rejected

75 - Lincoln Pk....Free Rebid...rejected

80 - Skokie...Free Rebid...rejected

I looked on Hotwire and see there is a $104 that I believe is the Hyatt, not a bad deal if this is true, but it seems I should be winning at my price levels on Priceline, however I have been very wrong before.

Any comments suggestions would be appreciated. It seems to me I may have been able to close Priceline and reopen the rebidding after trying all the rebids on River North to bid on NMA with all my rebids still in tact is that correct?

Thanks!

I see, for your date, what appears to be these hotels on HOTWIRE:

Swissotel: $135 (4.5/Mag Mile - Wacker Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Tennis Nearby)

Hyatt - $97 - (4/Mag Mile/Wacker Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center)

Sofitel - $249 (Gold Coast/NMA/Water Tower -4.5 Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, Business Center)

I don't necessarily think that $75 on Priceline is eqaual to $104 on HOTWIRE... the two services are not necessarily this far apart. As well, if one date of your stay has a higher opaque rate than the other nites, then hotwire could end up being less expensive.

If you'd like us to suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow post your maximum bid at each star level and your prefered zones (and if price or zone is more important) and we'll provide a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Aaron and thereuare.

I would be interested in a suggested strategy as my logic is often flawed on this.

Max bids: $90 for a 4*, 80 on a 3*. If my top prices are out a whack, let me know, I may consider hotwire. My first choice is a 4* in River North, 2nd choice would be a 4* in NMA, 3rd a 3* in NMA. I would not consider a 3* in River North, however. If worse comes to worse I can hit the Hilton Chicago in the loop, however I would prefer to stay further north.

Thanks in advance.

This is how i would bid...

Select 4* River North...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* River North and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90.

If rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA...

Select 4* River North...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90.

If the above is rejected the Hyatt is appearing on my HOTWIRE search for $91 and you may just want to take that (but i'd assume the above NMA will be successful based upon the Hotwire rate).

Let us know how the above and/or the HOTWIRE option goes and if neither are sufficient we'll move onto a 3 star strategy.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Success! Thank you for your help. Bid accepted 4*, River North, $85.

Renaissance Chicago Hotel

Check-In Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005

Check-Out Date: Sunday, April 24, 2005

River North Area

One West Wacker Drive

Chicago, Illinois 60601

Your Offer Price: $85.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $85.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $20.37

Total Charges: $105.37

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]