Priceline Hotel: 3*+ 10/9-10/11 Downtown SF Suggestions?

ithinkurdumb
By ithinkurdumb,
in

I'm trying to bid for a 3*+ hotel in downtown SF (Embarcadero, SOMA, USW, USE) on 10/9 to 10/11. My budget is $145 (including tax/fee) for 4*, $125 for 3.5* and $110 for a 3*. I bid up to $125 (which makes about $145 after tax/fee) for 3.5*+ on priceline but got nothing. Also didn't have anything for 3.5* plus on hotwire and LMT (Hyatt Regency is On Request, but turned out Sold Out). It seems 10/9 is a very busy night.

I also wouldn't mind staying in Emeryville/Berkley up to $100 for a 3*. And I'm actually considering staying near SFO and take BART to the city :)

Any suggstions? Thanks!

A few questions:

My budget is $145 (including tax/fee) for 4*, $125 for 3.5* and $110 for a 3*. I bid up to $125 (which makes about $145 after tax/fee) for 3.5*+ on priceline but got nothing.
You stated that your 3.5* maximum all-in is $125, but then you bid $125 for a 3.5*, which comes to $145 all-in, which is your maximum all-in for a 4*. I'm not sure if you're listing all-in for some star ratings and bid amount for others, so to avoid any confusion, please re-post and use the adopted board format of listing all prices in bid amount. (before fees and taxes)

What do you want to try next... a 3* in the zones above? Trying for an airport hotel? Looking at the Emeryville/Berkley zone? Which of these would work best for your plans?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry for the confusion.

I started bidding 4* in downtown SF for $85 (bid amount) a few days ago, and bidding my way up to $125 (adding $5 at a time), without any luck. Since 4* and 3.5* aren't much different to me, I added 3.5* in my last $125 bid, and still got rejected.

I also tried bidding up to $95 for 3* in Embarcadero/SOMA (trying to get the Harbor Court), but got rejected. According the Harbor Court's website, they're sold out on 10/9. I'm kinda reluctent to try bidding for 3* in USW/USE, seems some of the 3* hotels in the Priceline hotel list are not as well reviewed and/or not in a good location. But I would love to be proven wrong.

I would say my budget would be $125 for 3.5*/4* and $95 for 3* in downtown SF. I'm also looking for a 3* in Emeryville/Berkeley (since the only 4* is The Claremont Resort, which is too far for me) for perhaps $85 or $90. If these all fail, I'm considering staying in a 3* around SFO or OAK for perhaps $70.

Hope that clears things up. Thanks!

I would say my budget would be $125 for 3.5*/4* and $95 for 3* in downtown SF. I'm also looking for a 3* in Emeryville/Berkeley (since the only 4* is The Claremont Resort, which is too far for me) for perhaps $85 or $90. If these all fail, I'm considering staying in a 3* around SFO or OAK for perhaps $70.

So which of these do you want to try first/next? For the 3*, there is no "downtown" zone, so if/when it's time to bid on that, please clarify which zones (by PRICELINE name) you are willing to accept.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm currently trying to get a 3* up to $95 and 3.5*/4* up to $125 in Embarcadero, SOMA, USW, USE, and 3* up to $85 in Berkeley-Emeryville.

So you have already bid up to your limit in all of these zones, correct... and will continue to try same star, bid limit and zone over the next week?

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually see Cova on Hotwire but the reviews about its location on Trip Advisor is kinda scary. I haven't been to SF for a long time though, not sure how Tenderloin compares with the Bronx.

I might consider Metropolis Hotel thought. It seems to be in a (slightly) nicer area and is available on LMT for about $100.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]