Priceline Hotel: 2* NYC (Chelsea) Desmond Tutu Center

rayrios16
By rayrios16,
in

Got this hotel after trying to get a 3+ star in the many Downtown areas with no success for up to $175 a night.

Added re-bid zones in several areas until finally adding 2 stars hotels and got this property at $150.

Total with taxes came up to $189.

Hotel seems nice and very comfortable, so i am very happy with the selection.

I used the PRICELINE link provided in this forum.

I don't think this hotel has been previously reported on the board. It even didn't show up on Priceline's retail hotel's list.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results and this property works well for your plans. While this property is a bit far west, it gets excellent reviews and the immediate area is becoming (or has become) a 'hot spot'.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board and sharing your win, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I stayed at the Desmond Tutu Center a couple of times. It's a little out of the way but it's a very nice property. Rooms are modern and tasteful after a remodel about 2-3 years ago. Very quiet and friendly (it's actually a religious conference center so don't expect any wild parties) with a incredible continental breakfast (salmon, pastries, etc.) in a beautiful renovated, gigantic chapel. Make sure you don't get a room on the ground floor as it's sidewalk level and a bit dark. Hopefully it hasn't changed too much in the past couple of years. I'm really surprised it's a 2 star property. I would probably give it a 3 at least. It is far on the West but easy enough if you take the crosstown bus to get to the subway station (we walked it mostly).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]