Priceline Hotel: Bidding strategy 5* North strip 4 nights & questions?

allybunnie
By allybunnie,
in

Looking at taking this trip to Vegas with my aunt......recent PRICELINE wins for Palazzo for these dates are $125.00 & 135.00....looks as though the free rebid zones are numerous, so I cant even begin to come up with a bidding strategy....also, this being a trip with my aunt - would need 2 beds....can we ask for that with a PL win (ie...call ahead & ask?)? Even when I look under HOTWIRE link, I dont see anything with a "bed" choice with the 4* north strip or the 5* condo north or the 5* strip north....If they charge extra for 2 beds for PRICELINE win, any idea of the $$ amount?

any idea on $$ amount of "resort fee"?

any ideas for a bidding strategy maxing out at say $135 - $140?

never tried to "bid" on Vegas hotels so ANY info helpful......looks pertty involved with all the zones :)

Regarding the two bed situation, with HOTWIRE you could search for triple/quad occupancy which should ensure two separate sleeping accommodations... while the second accommodation is usually a 'true' bed, do note that the second bed could be a rollaway brought into the room, pullout sofabed, etc.

Requests for two beds in Vegas can be anywhere from free up to $50/nite on the extreme end (although $15-$20 seems more the norm)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

sorry....I thought I provided the dates......11/13 for 4 nights....it is for 2 people....as for the "second" bed situation, I dont think either of us would be happy on a rollaway etc....it seems as there is no way to guarantee 2 queens, even thru HOTWIRE?? Any idea what this $20.00 trick is that is mentioned in some of the posts? I assume if we won on PRICELINE from what you are saying it is risky that the hotel may say sorry no 2 bed rooms available? By chance if any other members are reading, has anyone experienced a similar situation & what was the end result?

Thanx for your help....

There have been several reports of people either not being able to get two beds via PRICELINE (and PRICELINE does only guarantee 1 bed/double occupancy, it is up to the hotel to grant any requests or not) or having to pay for the upgrade (I think there were a couple of reports of $50 at the Wynn, for example) to a room with two beds. When searching for more than 2 adults on HOTWIRE (for example, if you searched for 2 adults and 2 children to indicate a larger party, even though you were only 2 adults), then you are guaranteed bedding for the entire party; while that is commonly 2 beds, 1 + sofabed would qualify.

You may be able to get 2 beds via HOTWIRE or PRICELINE if you can work something out/request with the hotel, but when using either service, you run the risk the hotel could say no/require an upgrade fee or only provide an alternative (1 + sofa.)

The much-discussed $20 trick is often tried, but not guaranteed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

some updated info...I have been researching "options"....

putting in 4 people for same dates on HOTWIRE it gives rate of $179.00 p/n...which i guess is MAYBE 2 queens whatever hotel this matches to, but has a possibility of being a pull-out couch or rollaway... :o ...not good plus it ends up being $716.00 p/n Plus taxes & fees...

going thru Quickbook, I can get Bellagio for approx same pricing, but not sure if 2 queen beds are a guarantee...

if I bid on PRICELINE & even IF I get something (still unknown) for 135.00 range, it will have added taxes & fees PLUS the probability of the upgrade fee IF they will even give us a room with 2 beds....to me sounds risky....might save $150.00 but worry about it till we got there... :)

If I go straight to the Bellagio web site I can get pricing of total $780.00 including taxes...plus get the 2 beds... which ends up being close to the HOTWIRE price.... :)

right now it seems as tho if u arent travelling with your significant other, it almost isnt worth the risk of HOTWIRE or PRICELINE if you want the 2 beds.... :)

It all depends on city, hotel and other factors. You may have no problem - but, for example, I believe rooms with two beds (the Venezia Bella Suite, I believe) at the Venetian are a paid upgrade (as I believe 2beds are at the Trump). You may get a different hotel where it's not an issue, or may be able to work out something at the Venetian.

Using coupon code ORBITZ5 takes 5% off on Orbitz, bringing the Bellagio total to $749.63. Additionally, the Trump is only $87 for these dates on Orbitz, but that would be 1 + sofabed.

Overall, there is the possibility of two beds via HOTWIRE or PRICELINE, but there is no way to guarantee it (unless a "bed choice" option appears on HOTWIRE.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Orbitz.com links.

Thank you all for all of your help & input....

Ended up booking the Trump thru Orbitz as you mentioned for $87.00 p/n along with the 5% off....hard to resist trying this property for that price with the great reviews it has been receiving!!

I'm going to get the pull-out sofa, although they claim @ Trump it is a VERY comfortable pull-out "feather-bed" sofa bed, so we will see....hopin for the best

All in all the Trump ended up costing approx $400.00 less, so it's worth trying... :)

Thanx again!!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans, budget and occupancy.

Some sofabeds can be quite good, and i'd think the ones at the Trump are of top quality... not the same as what you'd typically see at your all-suite, budget, hotel chain.

Thanks for closing this thread with your decision.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]