Priceline Hotel: Need help - 4* DT San Diego 11/27/10 1 night

lknight27
By lknight27,
in

Not sure what the problem is but I have been bidding for over a month now and have not won anything. I'm no newbie to this, I can bid in my sleep, but I can't break this one. Any guesses thereuare? I bidded for 3 rooms.

While it is a holiday weekend, the rates aren't through the roof so I can't fathom why my bids aren't being taken. I have bidded this area a few times in the past, once $68 (Manchester Hyatt) and the other $78 (Sheraton Marina) and the rates were a lot higher $229+. I am Puzzled . . . below are the rates for my date. :)

Sheraton $139

Manchester Hyatt $144

Westin Gaslamp $151

W San Diego $161

Westin San Diego $161

Se San Diego $169

Westgate $179

Omni $189

Started at $60 and worked all the way up to $88 and nothing! I stopped at $88 since that was my threshold. I definitely thought $68 or $70 would have done it. I'll be booking a total of 6 rooms. Wondering if I am bidding too early for this area. Most of the posted wins are within 30 days.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Rates aren't that high for these dates... i'd be patient and continue your bidding as you have been for about the next month, it may just be too early for the hotels to be discounting too deeply. In the meantime you want to consider booking a refundable back-up to protect yourself from prices moving higher from here.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck! Keep us updated and/or let us know if we can be of help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]