Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MSG-Convention) Ramada Plaza New Yorker

bbedwards
By bbedwards,
in

Hey gang,

First poster here. Just like to say thanks for all the great info here. I am a deal hound, but haven't yet tried a blind bid on a hotel. You guys (and the insanely high NYC hotel rates) pretty much have me convinced to try it out.

I need a room in NYC check in 11/13 check out 11/17. I can right now get a friend/family deal at Holiday Inn in Mid Town I believe it is, and the rate is just over $200/nt. Not a great deal, and more than I want to spend. I could also stay in Secaucus, NJ @ Harmon Meadows Holiday Inn for about $130/nt. Not bad, but I'd love to stay in Manhattan near that price point.

I'd prefer to stay somewhere centrally located, such as Times Square, Theatre District, etc. But I'm flexible with location, as long as it's not a dump. Budget is a concern. I'd like to stay somewhere for around $150/nt or less if possible. Would I be asking way too much in thinking I might be able to get a 4* location at this price range? 3.5*-3* would probably also be fine. I noticed someone got a room at a newer Holiday Inn Express near MSG (rated 3*) for $137/nt. I would jump on that deal if I could get it for my dates.

No hostels or shared bathrooms. Internet included would also be a plus, but not a deal breaker. Smoking room would be nice too, since it's hard to find anywhere to smoke in NYC. But also not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based upon current rates I think a win at $150 for these dates is going to be somewhat difficult.

If you want to give it a try, let us know your minimum star rating and the zones (by PRICELINE name) you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. Also, let us know if you're willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR if your goal is the least expensive hotel at the minimum star rating your designate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply!

Let's say 3* minimum, in one of these zones

TSTD, MSG, MTE, MTW, CPS

My goal is to get as cheap a rate as possible in a decent hotel. Private bath is the only 'anemity' I really need. I'm guessing all 3* hotels have private baths in NYC?

I've stayed in hotels in NYC before, I know rooms can be cramped. But the wife and I really just need a clean, safe place to sleep. I know I'm asking a lot given the current rates for my travel dates, but I'm always up for a good deal hunting challenge :)

And $150/nt isn't necessarily my max, but it is where I'd like to end up. I'd probably go as high as $170-$175, beyond that I'm not so comfortable blind bidding since I know I can get the friends/fam deal @ Holiday Inn I mentioned.

Thanks again for your help!

At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* TS and MSG and CPS...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE and MSG and CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MTE and CPS...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG and MTE and CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG and MTW...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* TS and MSG and MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Well after a month of deliberation, I gave it a shot tonight. I ended up getting the New Yorker for $165/nt. Total after tax $802.80. Not too shabby! Especially since rates for Sat. 11/13 are very high all over the city. And I have stayed at the New Yorker before and at least know what to expect. This is exactly where I wanted to be, price wise AND location wise-I really couldn't be happier.

Big thanks to Thereuare for the advice on a strategy.

For those wondering, I began my bidding on 4*, up to $165, no go anywhere (TS, MT, MSG, CPS, Chelsea)

Bid 3 1/2* up to $165, same results as above

I then bid 3* up from $150 to the magic number of $165 to obtain the New Yorker

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a hotel that you are familiar with and were hoping for... looks like a nice deal for this time of year.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]