People before and after my bid won rooms with same price??

Wiseguy
By Wiseguy,
in

This is puzzling.

My daughter plays college volleyball and we have a group that follows the team and we use Priceline when out of town. In one town it is always the same hotel that we end up at. For a 3 star it is usally anywhere from 45.00 on a good weekend to 65.00

I started the bidding last week at 49.00 and did not win the bid. I inform all others before they bid. On Monday I bid 60.00 and was rejected, a friend bid 60.00 later that night and it was accepted. So I wait 24 hours and bid 60.00 again and it was rejected again..minutes later another team member bid 60.00 and won the bid. Now three people have won bids at 60.00 while I have been rejected three times at 60.00.

What gives?? It is because my 60.00 was rejected earlier in the week ???

Are you bidding for more than one room? If so that would be a major factor.

If not, i'm guessing that this property may only be offering one room at a time, when it gets filled, they drip another room into inventory... you may just be missing the room availability as they get snatched up by your daughter's teammates.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]