Priceline Hotel: Strategy for longer stays

SocialAdept
By SocialAdept,
in

I'm heading to New York for the sixth time of my life in the spring of 2011, most likely early May. With such early warning I figured that I'm positively going to get the very beast deals available for my stay. Thing is though that I’m planning to stay for 7-10 nights.

From what I’ve read on the forum booking a stay for so many nights in a row is not advisable on PRICELINE / HOTWIRE. So I need some advice on how to chop up my stay. My budget is around $200 / night which I’m hoping would work for 4* and up. My zone preference is generally anything in level with or south of Central Park.

I wouldn't say that longer stays are not advisable, as sometimes they can be won without any issue or need for SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Is Downtown an acceptable location as well? When will you know the actual dates of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm sure you won't be bidding until your plans are firm, and rates, re-bid zones, and other factors can change between now and then... please let us know once your plans and dates are firm and suggest a strategy to follow at that time.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]