Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Regents Park-Baker Street) Marriott Regents Park

Maleficent
By Maleficent,
in

Hi there,

I'm looking for a bit of help with a bidding strategy for a London stay between 9/30 - 10/3. Zone wise I'm not too bothered but of course closer to the city centre would be a plus - Docklands is not an option however. I'd prefer a 4* but if I need to dip down to a 3* then so be it. Max budget would ideally be $100/night. I see on HOTWIRE there is the Crowne Plaza in Ealing (I think guessing by the amenities) for $83/night which is pretty good but it's 30 mins on the tube.

If you think this is realistic could you please let me know of a strategy and if you need any other info please let me know. I'll of course use your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to try the bidding.

Many thanks,

M

Thanks for the quick reply. I done some further research on the zones and actually the Docklands wouldn't be bad as it's well connected it seems. Willing to accept:

Bloomsbury/Marble Arch

Kensington (although highly unlikely I'd guess)

Docklands

Mayfair/Soho

The City/London Bridge

Westminster

And to be honest I'll probably just stick to 4* and pay the little extra if I have to. 3* UK hotels aren't the greatest.

With HOTWIRE having what is believed to be the Hilton London Docklands for $86/nite, do youw ant to lower your maximum bid to $85 or so?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Sorry for not replying quicker, been asleep. Yes, I think that would be wise as I'd be happy with the Hilton if I can't get anything cheaper.

You an try bidding as follows:

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Docklands...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair and The City and Westminster...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair and Kensington and Docklands...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Bloomsbury and The City and Westminster...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Bloomsbury and The City and Docklands...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair and Kensington and Westminster...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Westminster...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair and The City and Docklands...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Westminster and Mayfair...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Westminster and The City...

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Westminster and Docklands...

Select 4* Mayfair and The City and Docklands and Bloomsbury...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Mayfair and The City and Docklands and Kensington...

Select 4* Mayfair and The City and Docklands and Westminster...

Select 4* Bloomsbury and Kensington and Westminster and Mayfair and The City and Docklands...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just wanted to add my two cents -- (I am also looking for a London hotel this fall) -- I got scared away from the Docklands zone after reading something about the Jubilee Line being screwy on weekends until Christmastime. Not sure how affected that particular part of the line would be, and there are probably decent buses even if the line is out... but it was enough to scare me away!

There is a bus that goes directly to Victoria from that area but the weekend I'm there the Jubilee is fine. Service is affected to stations after Victoria in the other directions. There is the overground service too though so I'm not too concerned. Thanks for your 2c though! :)

Nothing has been accepted up to $90...trying again tonight then I'll probably take the plunge with HOTWIRE.

Haha, that's quite alright! Unfortunately Transport for London (TfL) only publish the maintenance stuff about 28 days in advance. So you'd need to check around the end of October. Bookmark here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/r...be/default.html

You'll notice there's an option for a calendar to select dates - click on that and then you can select the appropriate dates you'll be in London to make sure. You can also sign up for the weekend closures email, which would probably work better for you! The location of the Hilton is a bit out of the way but you can use the boats to get to Big Ben etc - they accept Oysters too now :)

Ideally I'm wanting in the city so $95 will be my max I think. Otherwise I'll grab the Hilton and make do with travelling!

At last, some success! Have won the Marriott Regent's Park, 4*.

Bid up to $101 on Priceline. While I re-attempted my bidding the Hotwire hotel went up to $93/night and I decided I'd rather pay the extra to be closer to the city/tube station. The hotel gets decent enough reviews so I'm perfectly happy.

Total was $366 all in. I used the PRICELINE link for all my bids (which were numerous!) and for the eventual winning result. I honestly cannot remember my bidding history in detail but for the win it was:

Regents Park

Docklands

Westminster

Finsbury

Soho

Full breakdown:

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $101.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Room Subtotal: $303.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $63.00 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $366.00 (USD)

Thanks again for this great site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the deal you received on this property and that this will work well for your plans. Sometimes the bidding is easier and sometimes harder, but almost always worth the effort :)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]