Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Revere-Logan Airport BOS) Four Points

nortica
By nortica,
in

I was bidding for a hotel near Logan for early flight out the next morning. I bid up to $74 on 4*'s. I got a a counter-offer to bid $79 at one point so I know I was getting close to being accepted, but when I got to $74 I decided to try my luck at a 2.5*, mainly so that I could get free parking which the 4* hotels do not provide. My $60 bid for a 2.5* was rejected and my (one and only opportunity for a) rebid of $68 was accepted. But what I knew was always a possibility in theory had happened. The acceptance screen told me that I had been "upgraded" to a 3* hotel for this $68 bid so, instead of getting the nicer (and closer to Logan) 2.5* Courtyard or Hampton Inn that I was hoping for, I'm going to be at the less desirable Four Points by Sheraton on Rte 1A in Revere (which I've always thought was stretching the truth by putting "Boston Logan Airport" in its name). I've stayed there before. It'll be fine and for that price, beggars can't be choosers, but be forewarned that being "upgraded" at Logan is not just a theoretical possibility; it happens. :)

I used the PRICELINE link on this page for all bids.

The dreaded "Priceline upgrade" is one reason I have stopped using PRICELINE for the most part and gravitated to HOTWIRE. Thanks to BetterBidding, I pretty much know which hotel I will be in with HOTWIRE, and most surprises are thus eliminated. I hope your trip works out for you OK. I see that the 4pts hotel has a 24 hour shuttle to the airport so that may be just fine.

THanks, Joehotel. Point well-taken. I just seem to get much better deals at PRICELINE, but if it's ever really critical that I get or not get a certain hotel, I know that HOTWIRE is safer. Yeah, I've stayed at both the 2.5* Hampton Inn and 2.5* Courtyard and I don't quite get why the Four Points is higher-rated than those two. It's more run-down, rooms aren't as nicely appointed, and it's further from the airport, but that much said, it's fine for one night (it just means waking up 15 minutes earlier) and all three hotels have free parking and free internet during your stay (both of which the 4* hotels charge a lot for) -- and the Hampton Inn includes breakfast.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]