DAL Love Field Dallas Midsize Budget

WilliamK
By WilliamK,
in

TWO SUGGESTIONS:

1) is it possible to pick up the car on 9/23 (typically after 12:00 noon) as this will often turn this into a weekend rental instead of a midweek rental... the former being much cheaper.

2) If you can't pick the car up one day later, you may also want to try bidding this as a 5 day rental (extend your drop-off time by 2+ hours from the hour you listed as picking up the car) as this should trigger a weekly rate instead of nightly rates... even though an extra day could end up being cheaper (don't forget to adjust your bid price downward if you're targeting a specific price point since you'll now being paying for an additional day)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I then changed the drop off to be one day later and lowered my offer price and it was accepted:

$21 Mid (5 days)

Budget

Total Rental Days: 5 days(4 days and 13 1/2 hours)

Subtotal: $105.00

Taxes and Fees: $54.87

Total Charges: $159.87

It was reported by priceline to be a 29% savings, so it appears I overbid. This worked out to a four day rate of $26.25 per day. After winning, I checked hotwire, and it gave $22/day for 5 days versus the $30/day for 4 I originally looked up there. Funny how an extra day's rental makes the total rental cost less!

Used the PRICELINE link to make my offer.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]