Hotwire Hotel: 3* Maui (Kihei) Castle Kamaole Sands

A.N.
By A.N.,
in

Hey there,

Just booked the Castle Kamaole Sands in Kihei on Hotwire. (using forum links) It matched the already ID'd list for the 3*. Thanks, it was what I wanted.

On a side note, I tried bidding on PL for a 2.5* (Castle Kamaole Sands)

1st $75 Kihei rejected but asked to rebid $95 (I didn't but rebid picking a new area)

2nd $82 +Wailea - Makena rejected

3rd $86 +Kahului rejected

I then went to HW for the 3* Kihei Condo $89

Anthony

Congrats on your success and Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Wonderful deal for this property, and glad you are pleased with the result.

Can you confirm that the amenities were: Condo, Resort, Near Beach, 1BR, Kitchen, Pool, Smoke Free, Free Parking, A/C, Laundry (in room), Front Desk, 24 Hour Front Desk, Tennis, Laundry? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's HOTWIRE link.

Enjoy your stay.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure that I'm supposed say this on this board, but...

Back in March, we stayed at the Castle Kamaole Sands for 10 nights. I priced it on Hotwire (was fairly sure that it was Sands) and then I contacted the hotel through the Castle website. The rate they quoted me was EXACTLY THE SAME as the Hotwire rate. So, if you are thinking about this resort, I would first contact the hotel because if you book directly, you don't have to pre-pay and can leave if you don't like the resort.

Also, the resort fee was a one-time (per stay) $15 fee. It was not daily like most resorts.

Maybe this should be in the hotel reviews section?

I'm not sure that I'm supposed say this on this board, but...
Comments like this are welcomed and important to know, and serve as a reminder it's important to check hotel direct rates for the star level you're purchasing to make sure that you're getting a deal.
Back in March, we stayed at the Castle Kamaole Sands for 10 nights.
Please share all your wins with the board... then you could add your comments to your own thread :) (or the Hotel Review section)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Comments like this are welcomed and important to know, and serve as a reminder it's important to check hotel direct rates for the star level you're purchasing to make sure that you're getting a deal.

Please share all your wins with the board... then you could add your comments to your own thread :) (or the Hotel Review section)

Well, I actually didn't win it because I booked directly through the hotel site. By the way, it was a great condo for the price I paid ($119 per night).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]