Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Hotel Sax

dmeyers
By dmeyers,
in

My first post here and what seems like a very useful forum!!

I'm after a bit of advice from all...

Got an upcoming trip to the US again in a couple of weeks, and i've been toying with the idea of using priceline 'name your own price'

My plans are...

3 Nights New York 17/9 - 20/9

3 Nights Washington D.C. 20/9 - 23/9

3 Nights Chicago 23/9 - 26/9, central location, if someone could advise zones that would be great

Looking for 4* in all locations, ideal budget would be up to $200 per night, but anything less would be great!

Then i'm off down to Cape Coral, FL for a couple of weeks to relax.

It's just me and the missus flying out from UK on 17/9.

Can anyone offer a priceline 'virgin' any hints and tips?? Looking to book in the next couple of days as i've just sorted all our internal flights.

Thanks in advance all!!

In terms of Chicago, the NMA-River North zone is generally more popular, given that this area is well-known for shopping and has considerably more nightlife. This area is definitely recommended for those who plan to be out later into the evening.

The Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park area is definitely closer to museums and does have some shopping options during the day, but much of this area can be quiet or very quiet later at night (past around 8:30-9:30pm)

While there are some exceptions, the Loop is generally at least somewhat cheaper than the NMA area; based upon regular rates I think you're likely looking at $120-135 (I would start at $120, then try $125 if $120 is not accepted, then $130 if $125 is not accepted, etc.) a night for a successful 4* Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park bid, and possibly $130-155 for a successful 4* NMA bid.

Which area would work better for you depends on what you are interested in seeing/doing while in Chicago.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE, PRICELINE or Expedia links to start your purchases and searches.

This is a very nice property - it used to be the House of Blues Hotel (the House of Blues concert venue is still next to the hotel), and was recently bought by the famed Thompson boutique chain (who has a number of popular properties in NYC, Los Angeles and elsewhere.) The hotel was on the Conde Nast hot List in 2008, and also next to it in the same complex are The 10-pin (a sleek, high-end bowling alley) and Bin 36 (a wine bar that focuses on educating guests about wines from around the world.) Directly to the North of the property is the River North area, which offers a wide variety of dining - including the famed Rick Bayless restaurant Frontera Grill, and many others. Any other questions, please ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]