lcf76
By lcf76,
in

Bid $70 each time on the following combos:

Napa 4*

Napa + Sonoma 4*

Napa + Sonoma 3.5*

Napa + Sonoma 3*

I see Expedia has the Doubletree and Hilton Sonoma for $111/$112 respectively.

HOTWIRE has Santa Rosa/Petaluma 4* for $99 and a 3* for $46. Hotwire's cheapest Napa is $115/3*

I can't be that far off.

Any thoughts?

I'd like the least expensive 3* or better in the Napa or Sonoma territory.

Santa Rosa/Petaluma and Fairfield/Napa are always cheaper than Sonoma, Napa, Upper Napa Valley and Calistoga.

This question would be easier to answer if we knew your days/dates. Weekends are always more expensive and harder to book. On weekdays, you're more likely to get a deal. Summer and Sept/Oct can be tough, though. Please give more info and zones you might like. (Upper Valley? Calistoga? Healdsburg?)

Yes, I did leave off some info, didn't I?

I'll be staying in Sonoma County Sept 29, Sept 30, checking out Oct 1.

I know the other spots are a bit cheaper but we would prefer to stay in Sonoma or in Napa (even this isn't perfect when you look at the boundaries for each of these zones on PL).

I bid last week just as I described and did not use the re-bid zones because I'm not sure that I'll use PL if I need to go much higher that $70. I think I can find a better deal on another website if the PL bid is more than $70 (when you consider the fees).

Unless someone has a better strategy, I'm going to keep bidding at $70 every few days and hope that I get lucky.

-Laura

Thanks for the tips.

Hey--I have some general questions about Sonoma Co. I've never been down there and don't know the options that I might want to pursue. It seems the wine made napa & sonoma famous but there are a lot of other communities in the county that are big on wine. My partner and I do want to do wine tasting although neither of us our connoisseurs of wine and I'm a bit of a cheapskate so I probably want to stick with affordable wine venues (the $20 wine tasting fee does not appeal). Further, we are renting a car but I am very uncomfortable driving around much for this activity. I think I could safely go to one wine tasting and drive but that would be the end of it. So, I was sort of hoping that I could find a place to stay that was near wineries so I could walk or was near tasting rooms/wine bars that we could walk to that do tastings.

All of the Sonoma & Napa hotels that I'm finding online seem to be a bit out of town (or right in town and $400/night) and Priceline is such a toss-up for location, it is anyone's bet. So, my question is: Is there a community up in Sonoma County that might have less expensive but nice accomodations and might have these accomodations near all of the wine action?

-Laura

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]