Priceline Hotel: 4* London (City - Financial District) Crowne Plaza

bostonalex
By bostonalex,
in

Just registered to give you details about a priceline transaction I had. I was looking for a hotel room in the Liverpool St area (city/financial district/islington) for April 1st and 2nd, as I am flying in and out of London Stanstead (the train for the airport leaves from here). I first tried $65 a night for a four star with no success. I added a three star for the area with again no success. I then added the Bloomsbury/Marble Arch area and went back to a four star rating and a bid of $75. Priceline did not accept the bid but offered me a hotel for $94 a night. After looking at Expedia and seeing the cheapest four star hotel in the city area was $172 a night I decided to accept this. The hotel I got was the Crowne Plaza London The City which is near Blackfriars underground station (only five stops from Liverpool Street). Total cost was $230. I am very happy with this, especially the location.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

A great deal for this hotel.. congratulations on your win!

Probably didn't want to do it for this stay since your arrival date is quickly approaching, but for future bids where you have more time available you should know (if you don't already, and for others reading along) that priceline's couter-offers can almost always be undercut, as discussed in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGEST PRICE TO PAY.

Not that big of a difference when you're saving over $100/nite as you are above, but may come in handy for future bids.

Thanks for posting and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Like you said, due to the nearness of the dates involved I decided to take the offer. I guessed the most I might have saved was $7 a night so I didn't think it was worth the risk of losing this price for the sake of $14. Who knows what the price might have been in 72 hours, and I didn't want to stay in any of the other areas of London. I'm only a recent convert to Priceline so I appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]