Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall-Financial) Onyx

dwaink
By dwaink,
in

I could use some help.

I will be in Boston one night Sat. October 9th 2010 and I am looking for a 4 Star room in the Quincy Market - Faneuil Hall - Financial district.

With the help of this board and free rebids I have placed 12 bids starting at $150 up to $205 with no luck. : (

I am not flexible as to dates, star level and area and realize that this may be a major roadblock to a "deal".

Hotwire has two 4 - 4.5 star rooms available for $229 plus tax etc.

My questions are;

1) In your experience, how much risk am I taking waiting to see if more rooms are made available or a drop in price?

2) Should I be doing something different in my bidding strategy?

3) Is there something happening in Boston on this date that is driving the prices up?

4) Am I naive in thinking that I can get a room for a lower price? :/

Thanks for any assistance. I really appreciate the site and I always use the links on the site to bid for rooms!

There is a 20K person convention (pretty decent sized for Boston) which begins 10/10, i'm guessing that many of these attendees will arrive the day before and that is likely at least one major event effecting rates for your dates.

Nobody can say if rates will go down... or even higher... between now and your stay. If you must be in this zone and must have a 4* or higher hotel, i would first look for a refundable back-up. If you can find something which meets your needs within $25-$50 and would be fully refundable, then i would book that and hope for the best and that rates come down; if you can't find anything close to the HOTWIRE price, then i would book it (obviously try to ID it first) as it would be a pretty good deal based upon current rates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can help trying to guess as the two offered HOTWIRE properties.

PS- please follow-up your previous Priceline Boston thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The two rooms on Hotwire have the following ammenities;

Can you tell which hotels they might be?

4.5* at $185 (However I think Hotwire includes the waterfront in their Quincey Market area and this may be the Intercontinental where I prefer not to stay)

fitness center

pool

restaurant

business center

spa

4* at $233

fitness center

restaurant

business center

Congratulations on your success!

Not too bad of a deal given the high demand for this nite. Hope you're happy with the results and this will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]