Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Copley Square-Theatre District) Sheraton

amoredessert
By amoredessert,
in

First bidding on Aug 24 for 3.5* from $80 to $110 +10 bonus ($5 incremental bids) using rebid zones. Rejected. Target zones were Quincy-Faneuil-Financial, Copley Square and Boston Harbor Front. Tried again today using the same bids. Rejected again. From reading other posts I got the impression that bidding on all 7 nights might be more difficult to get a low price so I broke up the dates and bid as follows:

9/18 to 9/21 (REJECTED):

4* $80 +10 bonus

4* $85 +10 bonus

3.5* $90 +10 bonus

$95 +10 bonus

$98 +10 bonus

$100 +10 bonus

$103 +10 bonus

$108 +10 bonus

$111 +10 bonus

9/18 to 9/22 (REJECTED):

3.5* $80 to $115 +10 bonus ($5 incremental bids)

Was tired of bidding so up starting bid to $90 to end at $125 +10 bonus. There are prior wins ranging from $131 to $135 so I felt my chances were good at being accepted.

9/18 to 9/23:

3.5* $90 to $125 +10 bonus ($5 incremental bids)

ACCEPTED at $125 + $10 bonus = $135

Still needed room for remaining two nights. Did the same bid and was accepted again at $125 +10 bonus.

This probably wasn't the best approach but luckily got the same hotel for the last 2 nights and won't have to change hotels during stay. In hindsight, I probably should have bid for 9/18-9/20 and 9/20-9/25. Might have been able to get 9/18-9/20 for $110 (based on someone's win for these dates) but figure not worth the trouble for the $ difference.

Hope this information is useful.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

NOTE: you can still use our PRICELINE link along with your bonus money as follows:

1) click our link to PRICELINE and let the page fully load

2) at the top of the page go to MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS

3) use the bonus money link found in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (and not the link in any emails sent to you)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]