Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USW) Hilton

shammes53
By shammes53,
in

Tried to get a 4* hotel in the in USE area (attending conference at Moscone), but was rejected

Bid History:

1: $55USE

2: $60 USE + Cathedral Hill

3. $65 USE + Fisherman's Wharf

4. $67 USE + SFO

5. $75 USE + South San Francisco

Wanted to try to stay $80 or below, did not add USW area on this try - closed browser

Tried re-bidding same, showed duplicate bid, added USW instead of SSF lowered bid to $60 - rejected

Close browser again

Selected 4* USW

1: $60 USW

2: $63 USW + Cathedral Hill

3. $65 USW + Fisherman's Wharf

4. $67 USW + SFO

5. $68 USW + South San Francisco

6. $75 USW + USE

Bid successful - booked at Hilton. During process, message regarding duplicate bid was shown, but kept bidding and after going to $75 and adding USE, Priceline accepted! Not sure it would go.

I have heard mixed reviews on the Hilton, but I think it should work fine - $75 is a good rate ($209 other sources) Besides I'm not going to be living in the room the whole time, got better things to do :)

Offer Price: $75.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 4

Travel Insurance: $20.00

Subtotal: $320.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$54.00

Total Charges: $374.00

Took the travel insurance again, anyone one have an opinion on this? For an extra $5 a day it seems worth it, you never know what can happen (could end up in hospital or something and not be able to go)

Thanks again for all the GREAT information and tips posted here! It makes it fun to bid for hotel rooms.

Congratulation on your win and thank you for sharing it, and your bidding details, with the rest of the board.

I'm not a advocate of the insurance... if i end up in a hospital (as you say) then the cost of the hotel room will be the least of my worries. The average priceline room is about $50 (probably up a bit in the last few months), so if you buy the insurance every time it means that you would need to cancel about 1 in every 10 stays. As i don't bid unless i'm confident i'd be using the room, i prefer to self-insure... i'll keep that $5/nite in my pocket and use it to 'pay me back' if/when i need to cancel a reservation. Just my thoughts, i'm sure others have differing opinions.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]