Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Trenton-Princeton (Princeton West) Hyatt Regency

ncnj
By ncnj,
in

Hello I recently came across this board and I am happy that I found it.

I too am hoping to get a similar rate at the Hyatt in Princeton, however I put in a bid of 40 dollars using the PRICELINE link above and was turned down. I have never used PRICELINE before so if the only thing I want to change is the price, I have to wait 24 hours to do so?

Plus I am wondering if the length of my stay had anything to do with being rejected? I am looking for a place between 9/24 and 9/29 (5 nights).

Thank you in advance for any advice you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the length is one of the issues. Hyatt Princeton often have vacant rooms in weekends, i.e. Friday and Saturday nights that you can easily get $40, the minimum priceline bid. So you may try to secure 2 nights first at this low $40 rate, then you can use Priceline's "extend stay feature" to extend for another day, before or after the winning bids. In general, weekends for hotels like Hyatt have big parties such as wedding, but fewer hotel guest, for weekdays, they charged much more for business traveler, i.e. Sun to Thu nights.

This is the reverse of suite hotels where family travel often use them in weekends, and during weekdays, there may be vacancies, and they welcome guest like you stay for many days. In the area, you may bid 2.5* hotels to get Homewood Suites which is great too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]