IA Des Moines Renaissance Savery

Bob24
By Bob24,
in

The Des Moines Renaissance Savery is a very good option when going to Des Moines. The hotel was in very good condition, especially considering it's age. The staff, from the manager to the bartender and shuttle driver were very nice.

The room was outstanding. It had two bathrooms and a small seating area. The construction was better back in the old days so this hotel was more soundproof than most. I was impressed.

The stay was not perfect however. Upon getting into my room, I sat down on the couch and looked across at the ottoman in front of the chair. The front of the ottoman had some unfortunate looking stains that I recognized as the "residue of romance": It was after all Valentines Day weekend. Anyone could have missed it though, so even though it was a tad disconcerting, I just grabbed a towel from the bathroom, soaked it, and gave the fabric a good cleaning. This got out the stains.

I had a nice dinner at the lounge. The food was good, but $5.50 for a bottle of domestic beer in Des Moines? After that experience I left the hotel for my meals and libations. The bartender, Matt, was very nice and had a great personality. He obviously doesn't set the drink prices.

The main issue I had was what they passed off as a "business center". It was one computer with a credit card machine hooked up to it! Using the computer was a whopping 59 cents a minute! That was low brow and something that I am not used to seeing when I travel.

Overall, I would stay again and would recommend to others.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]