Priceline Hotel: Bidding help needed for DC

dawgsrock
By dawgsrock,
in

I am planning to go to DC for a pleasure sight-seeing trip in early October. I would appreciate any suggestions on where to bid in the DC metro area that would provide the best value but also be in a safe area and close to the subway system. We are not planning to rent a car and would like to use the subway system to get around (don't know if that is realistic--I haven't been to DC since Nixon was in office).

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're doing the typical tourist things (Smithsonian, monuments, Capital, etc) I would start with the White House - Downtown and Capital Hill zones. Dupont would be a good third option although it is a bit further from the major tourist sites. DC hotels tend to be on the high side in October, so I would start bidding earlier, rather than wait until the last minute.

dawgsrock

1. We need to know your firm dates so we can see that your budget/night would be realistic. Rates change form day to day and can be very diffrent.

2. Let us know the zone(s) you're willing to stay in.

3. Pleas post your budget/night for 3* vs 4* hotels.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

You'll probably do better splitting your bids to weekdays and weekends.

For Priceline name your own price, the areas closest to most of the tourist sites are (in preference order IMHO):

#5: Convention Ctr - Capitol Hill area

#13: White House - Downtown

#8: Dupont Circle - Woodley Park

#9: Georgetown - Foggy Bottom

Stay away from #7: DC Suburbs - Northeast Area

If you're doing name your own price, hopefully you'll get lucky and get a hotel near a Metro. The Renaissance on 9th St, the Grand Hyatt, JW Marriott and Willard are all walking distance to Metro stops.

3 star in the zones mentioned above should be fine. For lower costs, you can go to #6: Crystal City which has a Metro stop and the hotels have free shuttle buses to Reagan Airport where you can also catch the Metro.

You can get all day Metro passes that are good after the morning rush hour (930a).Details about the subway at www.wmata.com

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]