Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (Chelsea) Four Points Chelsea

Steakknife
By Steakknife,
in

I'm look to book two rooms for the 30th October to 4th of November. So far I've had no luck. I'd be happy enough with a 3*. I bid as high as $135 plus $5 bonus a night for MTE MTW TS ESB. I probably would add CP & MGS too. Really Just somewhere in the general area . Would I be better splitting my trip, Is the weekend usually more expensive.

Last resort I'll probably book the Hotel Alexander it looks OK and not too badly price. It is really out of the way. Would I be crazy to look at booking an apartment?

One last question I've been using the forum link when trying to book and then adding the bonus money will the site still get the credit?.

Cheers.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

At what star rating did you bid up to $140?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please note that you can still use your Bonus Cash along with the board's PRICELINE links as follows...

1) click the PRICELINE link on the board

2) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

3) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$140 is not likely going to be enough for a 3* or better for this time of year... based upon current rates you're likely looking +/- $200 for a 3.5* or 3*.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your bidding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad you this settled and found something which would work for your needs and budget.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming how you booked the Four Points... PRICELINE, HOTWIRE, or direct thru the Four Points website? (if HOTWIRE please also include the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

THANKS!

My first bid of $130 plus $25 bonus cash(total $132.50 a night) was accepted on Priceline (using the betterbidding PRICELINE link) for the 5 nights.

Hope the area isn't too far out but it still is a great price going by the rates so fr this years. Two rooms worked out $1630.90 including taxes and insurance for 5 nights.The same deal is on HOTWIRE for $2K($169 plus taxes a night) or €3000 on Hotels.com!!!

Thanks again

Thanks for the follow-up!

Very nice deal... and the location should be fine. As i recently commented in another thread, there are multiple subway lines within a 2-3 block radius and a Whole Food just down the block to pick up any snacks or prepared meals you may want during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great stay and enjoy the city.

• 3 weeks later...

Please advise - what is "Bonus Cash" that Steaknife referred to above? Where do I get my hands on some?

I wouldn't mind staying at Four Points for some of the same dates as Steaknife but I do not understand: he said he bid $132.50 but then also said he paid "$130 + $25 bonus cash". That is $155, no?

Anyway I just tried at $135 for 3.5 star in Chelsea but no luck !

You can check if you have bonus money by going to PRICELINE and then clicking the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link on the top right of their home page.

If you need help with an upcoming stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]