Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 5* Rome Central 4/15/11-4/22/11

LittleCupcakes
By LittleCupcakes,
in

Travel dates are 4/15/11-4/22-11, 7 nights.

The 4.5* looks like the (dreaded) InterContinental, but I can't figure out the 5*.

Amenities listed as

Smoke-Free

Laundry

Restaurant

High-Speed Internet

TripAdvisor reportedly lists this as 4.5/5 guest rating. I realize that Hotwire's "Rome Central" is not necessarily the same as TripAdvisor's "Historical Center", but there are six 4.5/5 5* TripAdvisor hotels listed for "Historical Center". Of those 6, I can't find a perfect match (some have fitness centers, some are smoking OK). One is 12 rooms, so I don't think it's Inn at Roman Forum.

Thanks in advance, and I of course will use the HOTWIRE link.

I'm not seeing this 5* hotel offered when searching your dates at HOTWIRE, i'm seeing a 'retail' 5* hotel with just Boutique and Internet icons (The Inn at the Roman Forum) for $295/nite... are you still seeing the 'opaque' 5* hotel? If so, what is the price?

Are you willing to purchase a non-refundable reservation for this stay at this point in time?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding, searches and purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not necessarily ready to commit as yet, but if I knew what the property was, I might do so. There are still plenty of hotels of course, but the pattern of rates when I looked at Rome for this year showed a continuing rise, so I thought I might jump early (and I do like the 5*s for cheaper). Also, frequent-flyer reward seats go pretty quickly, and I'll probably have to commit to the flight fairly soon.

Yes, the property is still listed (at $253/nt). I took a screenshot to show, but in posts images can only be hyperlinked, it appears. Also, I do NOT see the Inn at RF as a (non-opaque) result, so perhaps your dates are incorrect? I also see Lord Byron for $333, non-opaque, for those dates.

Thanks, boss.

Hotel inventory changes often, and the hotels offered today may not (likely) be the same hotels offered once you're ready to commit to a purchase, so it's not a good use of time or resources to try to research and ID hotels if the user is not ready to commit... especially if the hotel isn't even currently offered.

This isn't anything new, and there are plenty of other references on the board where we've asked users to post back once their plans are firm.

Hope this clarifies our position and thanks for your understanding.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]