Priceline Hotel: 3* Appleton Holiday Inn Select

iloveGESUS
By iloveGESUS,
in

I'm looking to get a room for this weekend in Appleton, WI. I'm hoping to win a room at La Quinta. This is how I plan to bid: 2.5* for $30. Is this a good bid? I've reviewed the winnings on this board as well as the tips. I've seen winnings for La Quinta from $35 to $45. This is my first time bidding so I hope I didn't confuse anyone. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this reply will reach you in time, but if historical wins start at $35, why try under this amount when you have no time left to try again?? I"m guessing it will take closer to the high end of the range for this stay, but as you have no time left to try again, and assuming you need a room (ie- you're not cancelling the trip if you don't get a room super-cheap) then i would find the best deal you're able to get thru conventional booking channels or thru HOTWIRE, then try to save $10-$20 off of the total price by bidding on PRICELINE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I bid earlier today. And, you are right...my bid was too low and was denied. Anyway, here are my bidding results:

1st Bid - DENIED

2.5*

$30

2 nights (8/20 - 8/22)

2nd Bid - DENIED

2.5*

$35

1 night (8/21)

3rd Bid - ACCEPTED

3*

$45

2 nights (8/20 - 8/22)

I got the Holiday Inn Select.

Overall, I'm really happy with this deal. Thank you for all your help. And, I used the PRICELINE links here. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]