Priceline Hotel: 2* Montreal Quality Hotel

swirly
By swirly,
in

When will your plans be firm and you'll know the dates of your stay... or are your dates flexible in that any 1 or 2 nites within a given range are acceptable? (if the latter what are the parameters/range of acceptable dates) What will be the deciding factor between one nite or two?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi actually I have decided now that i will be staying for 2 days, Arriving sept 14 at midnight staying for 2 nights

To confirm... you need a hotel for check-in 9/13 or 9/14? What is your check-out date?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... please click this PRICELINE link before replying and we'll suggest a strategy for yo to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I use PRICELINE for Montreal hotel reservation quite frequently. Bidding on PL taught me lots lessons. Generally speaking, PRICELINE offers great value for 3* and above hotels as they have more "perishable" inventory to sell for. So long as you cross their minimum barrier, these hotels will take on your offer. On the other hand, cheap hotels have less price-value ratio, believe or not. Couple of times, when I was trying to low balling, I ended up in hotels either in very bad condition, bad neighborhood, or out of no where.

If you raise you bar to around $60~65, you should get decent hotels. $55~60 will get you Airport or near by ones.

Good luck.

The Berri UQAM station is located in Montreal's Downtown zone... if you look at the zone boundaries, are you able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Just looked over the win history for Montreal.

If you're comfortable anywhere in the downtown zone and are willing to spend a bit more, i'd say start bidding 3* at $55, since you have time you can avoid adding additional zones and just wait out the re-bid period.

I don't see any recent wins in downtown in the $40 range. :)

the Gouverner Place Dupis which is located right at Berri-UQAM and seems to be going on weekends for the $60-$70 range on Priceline- but obviously we can't guarentee you'd get that and i know its a bit out of your price range. I won it with a 3* $60 bid a couple weeks ago.

this is just the way i see it, im sure thereuare or another one of the experts will pop in here soon and give u some advice that is the complete opposite of mine :)

Starting at $35-$40 seems reasonable and increasing $3-$5 every 24 hours, but one more thing...

Arriving sept 14 at midnight staying for 2 nights
my check in date is sept 14 and check out date is sept 16

Are you arriving 9/14 at midnite (when the 13th switches to the 14th OR when the 14th changes to the 15th??)

Have you started bidding as per the $35-$40 starting point suggested above?

I have bid up to $37 so far, no luck I guess i will continue each day until i get to my max. It has told me to bid an extra $10 and it will most likely give me a room. I will try and see how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]