Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Radisson

Maynardski
By Maynardski,
in

I'm looking for bidding strategy help. My preference is in the Downtown area but would consider another area that is close, possibly West Hollywood. Also, I would conisider Santa Monica-Marina del Rey simply because I like the area. But, my preference is still downtown. I am meeting family who live in Downtown prefer to be close.

Date: 09/16/10 (one night)

Max Price: $65

Min Star: 3*

already bid unsuccessfully as follows:

Downtown 3.5* $57

added West Hollywood and bid $58

added Santa Monica and bid $60

closed brower and started again

Downtown 3* $60 (I was offered to increase my bid by $15 to $75 but declined)

added West Hollywood and bid $62

added Santa Monica and bid $64

I've seen 3* to 3.5* wins for $54, $55, $57, $60 and $68 some on the higher range for 3.5* were $75

Is the price higher in September or should I wait and try again with the same strategy tomorrow?

Thanks

Rates are date specific, so you may not be able to replicate wins of other when their dates are different then your own. Demand for your dates may be greater (and therefore rates may be greater too) then for dates when you have seen others win for less.

In order to advise how to proceed moving forward, let's backtrack a moment as i'm not sure your comments are consistent with your bidding...

While you prefer the Downtown zone, are you willing to pay more to stay in that zone vs. one of the other acceptable zones you listed? You 'know' that a 3* can be had Downtown for $65-$75, and $64 is not enough for a 3* hotel in any of the three zones... would it be worth up to $10/nite more to stay Downtown?

It doesn't appear you're using your re-bid zones. Are you familiar with re-bidding? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) At the 3* level you have ONE re-bid zone, let us know if you're able to idenitfy it OR if you have questions regarding re-bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I thought I was familiar with rebidding but I'm not sure how you determined there is ONE re-bid zone. What is the ONE rebid zone? I was willing to consider West Hollywood because it is relatively close.

I might have to reconsider staying at the airport area due to cost. My preference was to stay downtown. However since I will need to return the rental car to the airport, maybe it is okay to stay near the airport.

Based on my $65 price limit, I decided to try the airport area. Bidding as follows.

4* Airport bid $55 -- was offered to increase my bid to $70 but declined

added Downtown bid $58 -- rejected

changed star rating to 3.5* and bid $58

My bid was accepted

09/16/10 1 night $58

taxes $15.80

TOTAL $73.80

Radisson Hotel at Los Angeles Airport

Does anyone know if there is any parking in the area? If yes, is it all paid parking or is there any possibility of finding street parking?

I did use the PRICELINE link to start my bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]