NJ Wayne La Quinta Inn and Suites

deejub
By deejub,
in

Stayed one overnight (8/12/10). Rooms clean, beds comfy. Not deserving of higher than a 2.5 star rating, but definitely fine at that level. I paid $50 including fees as a Travelocity Top Secret Hotel and suspect it was also available on Hotwire at a slightly higher price based on the amenities/location when I searched there right before booking. Continental breakfast consists of standard muffins, cereal, coffee, and not much else, but was clean and ready. For this price in this area, it's a very solid deal.

*However*, the hotel is very hard to see and harder to get to after you miss it. (It took me fully 45 minutes of back and forth -- albeit in the rain -- to find it.) Though this is hard to explain without a map, I'll try.

If you are headed northbound on 23, it's barely visible behind a car dealership, and by the time you can see it (if you do) you are past the exit you needed to take. If you bear to the right just after a shopping center with Michael's craft store in it, you'll be on a service road and you'll see the hotel shortly right in front of you. If you pass Kohl's and the car dealership while on the main road, you have gone too far and will have to go up to the next jughandle and come back south on 23.

If you are southbound on 23: The crossroad that you see that looks like it should lead into the LaQuinta is one way the wrong way. Go just past Kohl's (on your left) and you will see an exit sign that says Service Road, some other road I can't recall, and U-Turn. Go into that jughandle, then as you cross 23, turn left to go north but *immediately* bear right into the service road described above. If you don't go into the service road immediately upon turning left, you'll miss the hotel again and repeat the experience described above for missing the hotel. Just like I did, three times. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]