Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland-Anaheim) Red Lion

mrskippy
By mrskippy,
in

Very cool. Found out that I got ripped off by PRICELINE.

Got Red Lion Hotel for $70 night 8/25-29 ($60+$10 Bonus Cash)

Available through LastMinuteTravel.com for $57.92/night.

Grrrr ... beginning to really hate PRICELINE.

For the $70/night, could have landed the Anaheim Hilton.

Basically working now with PRICELINE, Red Lion Corp. and the property itself to get a partial refund. Plus, I should be getting $25 bonus cash too, based on the lowest rates. At least I hope.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As PRICELINE didn't set the price, you chose the price to bid/pay, i think it's hard to say that PRICELINE "ripped you off"... perhaps better to state that you didn't research rates enough before you decided to bid $70 :) As LMT is 'opaque' i don't think you're going to be successful using their rate for a price match, although if EasyClickTravel has a similar rate you should be able to use that.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... sorry to hear this one didn't work out as well for you as you had hoped.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how your best price guarantee claim goes.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Will do that. Apparently the hotel has agreed to cancel and refund the Priceline reservation, enabling me to snag the better deal, so we shall see. For the same $70, LMT has a deal at Hilton. But, Hotel is offering me directly for only $80 a Premium King, w/ Daily hot Breakfast and Parking included. Again, we shall see.

True, it's hard to say I was ripped off, but I didn't necessarily get substantial savings as I have in the past through Priceline. Hotel's own Web site lists $84.96 for the same room -- so a savings of only $14.96 ... only about 17 percent off. So, eh, what can you say?

Certainly will keep the board posted on anything that changes with my reservation, rate, etc.

No problem. Priceline did cancel the reservation, at the mutual request of the hotel and myself. They were unable to do the price match. Hotel did offer me $80/night for a King Premium Disney View Room w/ Breakfast and Parking included. So, that might be an option to consider, though I have read the hotel still is under renovation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]